How the Role Fits In:
The Senior Cost Analyst reports directly to the Lillo O&P-N Site Controller and will work closely with the other Costs Analysts and Site Controller as well as interfacing with all departments on site,
the statutory accounting in Neder-Over-Heembeek, the accounting department in Geel, internal and external auditors.
Purpose of Job:
This Senior Cost Analyst is a key member of the Site Controlling Team and performs Reporting & supports Accounting functions on behalf of O&P North – Lillo site.
Purpose of the function is to manage the Infrastructure costs of Lillo Site and follow up SLA’s agreed with neighbour companies (Ineos and 3rd parties).
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Provide direct support and analysis in the analytical accounting of the Lillo manufacturing site.
Delivery of accurate and timely information for management reporting as well as efficient and effective execution of financial transactions. Perform detailed analysis of financial results and variances of the Lillo site for internal management purposes. Demonstration of higher level problem solving and issue resolution required.
The Senior Cost Analyst is not only empowered, but is expected, to effect change through improvements to processes and procedures that help steer the company towards operational excellence.
The following jobs are performed in a timely, professional manner :
- Management information & reporting completed accurately on time
- Internal controls followed and maintained
- Execution of key financial & accounting transactions in a timely and accurate manner
- Check site costs; post accruals; support supply chain, accounts payable, procurement & other departments in their month end activities
- Prepare local cost reportings; supply details & explanations of costs
- Analyse costs and compare actuals against budget
- Calculate yearly budget for taxes, depreciation, insurance; assist cost center owners in calculating their budget; prepare budget templates; consolidate budget data and prepare total site budget report
- Prepare variable cost reportings (KPI report, …), analyse variable costs, prepare yearly budget for variable costs
- Maintain/adjust fixed assets master data; monthly follow up of actual costs for Capex and report to capex responsible; create new and close completed projects (after approval), prepare list of new fixed assets to be created reconciliation of depreciations; prepare fixed assets schedule for tax return & audit
- Prepare and deliver tax declarations for local taxes, real estate tax, ...; answer questions of tax authorities concerning these declarations; follow up on actual taxes/budget
- Calculate amount to be invoiced for Tolling fixed cost Lillo + Geel (monthly) and reconciliation with P&L
- Maintain master data of & create new cost centers, internal orders, allocations of cost centers/internal orders,...
- Work together with maintenance to optimize reporting of maintenance and turnaround costs
- Implement and maintain SLA’s and concessions agreements in the accounting
- Support accounts payable accountants, who enter postings/miscellaneous invoices prepared by Site Controller/Financial Analyst
- Fill out questionnaires (Prodcom, National Bank of Belgium,..)
- Set up/maintain/optimize specific reports (cost tracker, capex follow up,..)
- Backup of the other site financial analysts
- Good knowledge of Cost structures
- SAP (modules FI/CO and AA)
- MS Excel (complex spreadsheets, macros, formulas)
- Accounting rules
- Languages (Dutch, English, French)
- Able to diagnose and solve complex, rare technical or process issues, and evaluate impact on the financial results
- Good analytical skills
- Good communication skills
- Higher degree in accounting/controlling
- Min of 10 years of relevant experience in analytical accounting