INEOS Electrochemical Solutions is a world leading manufacturer of industrial scale electrolysis technologies, principally used in the chlor-alkali industry to produce chlorine, a key component of life.
With comprehensive research and manufacturing facilities in the UK, we operate globally, and have been continually developing our state-of-the-art BICHLOR™ electrolysers and CHLORCOAT™ electrode coatings for over 35 years.
Main role purpose:
The post holder is responsible for purchasing materials, manufacturing and services for the business with due regard to price, specification, quality and OTIF delivery to meet strategic objectives.
Key responsibilities & accountabilities
- Negotiate supply contracts ensuring delivery of purchased materials, manufacturing and services to cost, quality, specification and OTIF delivery requirements.
- Play a key role in developing and implementing the Procurement Strategy, identifying longer-term opportunities and risks for the business and taking the necessary steps to deliver or mitigate these.
- Play a key role in procurement process improvement and best practice, ensuring processes meet all key requirements with a focus on minimising working capital, lead time, cost and risk, whilst improving supplier performance (OTIF, quality, flexibility, reliability) and payment terms.
- Support the Procurement Manager to identify and deliver procurement cost reduction and supply chain improvement targets.
- Lead the project manufacturing cost review process, tracking purchase costs throughout the life of each project versus the cost model, and report variances and investigate reasons for under and overspend against budget.
Key skills & experience:
- At least 5 years experience in a procurement role, preferably in the chemical, automotive or aerospace industries.
- Membership of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply would be an advantage.
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills.
- Experience in a business ERP system (e.g., IFS, SAP).
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel with robust analytical skills.
- Highly numerate with good communication skills.
- Skilled in critical information seeking, assertive, with an efficiency orientation.
Please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application