INEOS Electrochemical Solutions is a world leading manufacturer of industrial scale electrolysis technologies, principally used in the chlor-alkali industry to produce chlorine, a key component of life.
With comprehensive research and manufacturing facilities in the UK, we operate globally, and have been continually developing our state-of-the-art BICHLOR™ electrolysers and CHLORCOAT™ electrode coatings for over 35 years.
Main role purpose:
The post holder purchases materials, manufacturing, and services for the business with due regard to price, specification, quality, and OTIF delivery to meet strategic objectives.
Key responsibilities & accountabilities:
- Draft and negotiate supplier framework agreements with due consideration for price, quality, supply, and warranty and to minimise the commercial risks for the business.
- Supporting the Procurement Manager in developing and implementing the Procurement Strategy including identifying longer-term opportunities and risks for the business and taking the necessary steps to deliver or mitigate these.
- Effectively manage a portfolio of suppliers to deliver items and services on time in full, to budget, and meet business quality requirements.
- Manage the externally-operated warehouse and external packaging facility, ensuring stock locations and quantities are accurately known, and safety and business processes are adhered to at all times.
- Play a key role in procurement process improvement and best practice with a focus on minimising working capital, lead time, cost, and risk, whilst improving supplier performance and payment terms.
Key skills & experience:
- Proven experience in a procurement role, preferably in the chemical, manufacturing, or aerospace industries.
- Educated to degree level in a commercial or engineering-based discipline.
- Experience in drafting and negotiating supplier framework agreements.
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills.
- Membership of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply would be an advantage.
- Experience in a business ERP system (e.g., IFS, SAP).
- Skilled in critical information seeking, assertive, with an efficiency orientation.
- Highly numerate with good communication skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel with robust analytical skills.