Purpose of the job
The role of the Senior Advanced Process Control Engineer is to apply deep process control expertise to Turn-Arounds, capital projects and licensing during design and implementation; and to design implement and optimize advanced process control installations.
The purpose of this role is to improve and sustain process safety and availability of INEOS Aromatics sites and to deliver license design commitments. This requires a blend of deep expertise in the areas of complex controls, automated sequence, process interlock logic and safety instrumented systems, regular interface with site engineers, rigorous change management as well as relationship management with stakeholders, vendors, and 3rd party consultants.
- Process Safety performance
- Cyber security and intellectual property protection of data and solutions
- Rigorous Management of Change (MOC) at sites
- Capability and capacity of Plant Operations, Training and Engineering organizations
- SHE compliance
- Relevant Industry and regulatory standards
- Vendor support and know-how
- New technology developments
Accountabilities of the job
- Provide HSSE leadership and process control insight for Root Cause and Failure Analysis (RCFA), Process Hazard Analysis (PHA), Hazard and Operability (HAZOP) reviews, Layers of Protection Analysis (LOPA), and in Functional Safety Assessments (FSAs).
- Lead Safety Integrity Level (SIL) and Safety Instrumented System (SIS) design reviews and site assurance.
- Work with site process control and instrumentation engineers and vendors to design controls, instrumentation, and DCS infrastructure.
- Provide optimization engineering support and coordination of maintenance activities for deployed advance process control systems.
- Demonstrate capability to influence without direct authority.
- Work effectively with partners and contractors in pursuit of efforts on the projects and assets they support.
- Identify, document, and share successful process control practices between manufacturing sites and drive continuous improvement in process safety and availability.
Expertise process control, advance process control, and instrumentation
- Self-motivated process control and advanced process control practitioner.
- The work includes engineering design, maintenance, trouble-shooting, performance analysis and delivery of improvement initiatives - for applications control loops and automation (basic, regulatory, supervisory, and advanced and optimization), within the Distributed Control System (DCS) software platform, interfacing application layers, and/or Operator Interface displays.
- Implement and sustain base and advanced control, including multi-variable constraint control, model-predictive control, and optimization applications in a manufacturing context.
- Provide advice and assistance to plants in all aspects of modern control system design and operation, advanced control and regulatory process controls, operator interfaces, and alarm management.
- Provide process control, automation, and safety instrumented system expertise during all project stages from design through commissioning for new unit designs, existing site revamps, and license projects. Own the process control aspects of the licensing manual.
Communications and Relationships
- Collaborate with internal and external technical experts.
- As Process Controls Champion, grow site process control capability and enable utilization of control schemes
- Develop networks with other process control, advance process control and SIS experts across INEOS Aromatics, INEOS Group and industry.
- Manages key relationships with digital suppliers and vendors to provide and maintain fit-for purpose technical solutions.
Level of education & Experience in general
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering /Process Automation / Process Control and Instrumentation. or equivalent.
- 10 plus years of refining, petrochemical, or manufacturing Process Control engineering experience.
- Experience with DCS/automation systems and control application engineering.
- Strong understanding of system integration and modern DCS/SIS architecture.
- Process Control experience including participation in control strategy development/implementation, control system modification/upgrade, and safety systems.
- Experience in managing engineering projects involving multiple software packages from different vendors is a desirable
- Understanding of chemical engineering principles: Heat and Material Balances; Temperature, Pressure, Flow and Analyzer Sensors/Measurements.
- Understanding of unit operations (e.g. Distillation and other towers), reaction engineering, and equipment (Pumps, Compressors, Heat Exchangers, Furnaces/Fired-Heaters, Reactors).
- Experience in basic and advanced Process Control Application Technology, including:
- Familiarity with DCS software and hardware platforms from major vendors (Honeywell, Yokogawa, Emerson, etc.) or equivalent,
- Understanding of the fundamental principles of process dynamics and feedback control within a petrochemical plant with continuous and batch operations,
- Ability to design, build, troubleshoot and tune base regulatory control loops and automated sequences as well as advanced control applications within the DCS and as separate applications,
- Able to design, build and modify operator console graphics, displays Control Strategy, Sequence programming and Interlock within the DCS.
- High understanding of related support crafts in engineering and maintenance teams (systems, instruments, analyzers, etc.) to enable working on solutions as a team.
- Safety champion
- People management skills (leadership, networking and influencing)
- Strong bias for action to identify potential problems and co-ordinate their resolution before they become an issue
- Ability to communicate technical matters (upward, lateral, and downward) and build strong collaborative work relationships with all levels of the business.
- Ability to manage work priorities to deliver safe, reliable, competitive operating performance in a demanding work environment,
- Experience building capability and managing change at manufacturing sites and within technical teams.
For internal INEOS's employee who are interested to apply:
- Obtain the agreement from your direct manager and the department head (Board member minus one level).
- Notify your local HR in charge prior to the application sending as well.
- Send your application to the contact person (Fassa Rahmadiana / email@example.com).