INEOS Olefins & Polymers USA
Interested in joining a winning team? A team whose employees are empowered to make a difference?
Organizational Context & Job Purpose
The Senior Accounts Payable Associate is responsible for processing payments, via the SAP System, for goods and services, employee expense reimbursements, and for all user maintenance of the Payables systems. This includes all aspects of the payable process including invoice processing, Scanning, Indexing, Account Coding, Invoice Filing, Issue Resolution and responding to inquiries from vendors and internal customers. The position processes payments for Ineos Olefins & Polymers USA in the Marina View Office location in League City, Texas.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
The Senior Accounts Payable Associate is part of the Accounts Payable Team. Team members report to Accounts Payable Manager and team lead and work with outside vendors and employees. The Accounts Payable Team has complete control over the processing of transactions totaling approximately $5 Billion per year. This consists of approximately 38,000 invoices per year. Each team member must be proficient in all aspects of the SAP payables process. This includes maintaining full control over the daily operations, problem resolution, adhering to established internal controls, and decision making that can affect the company’s cash flow. The Accounts Payable Associate is not only empowered, but is expected, to effect change through improvements to processes and procedures that help steer the company towards operational excellence, while providing the highest level of service with the resources that have been allocated to the process.
The Senior Accounts Associate should serve as back up to the Team Lead when the Team Lead is not present such as assisting with issue resolution for areas outside of their daily workload. The Associate should also be able to identify and suggest opportunities for process improvement.
Skills & Knowledge Required
- 3+ years of previous accounting and purchasing experience.
- Associate’s degree or HS diploma/GED with additional Accounts Payable experience.
- Knowledgeable of computers and be able to develop and maintain good relationships/trust with employees at all levels of the organization.
- The ability to manage conflicts between suppliers, internal customers, and/or other team members is essential.
- The position requires a high degree of organizational skills, procedural discipline and follow-through. An Associate must use good judgment in making decisions and ask for the intervention of a direct supervisor when appropriate.
- The payables process requires that the Associate be thoroughly knowledgeable of the SAP Accounts Payable System. The SAP knowledge must go beyond the mechanics of the process.
- Must fully understand the very complex and dynamic nature of SAP A/P in order to process transactions for Olefins & Polymers, USA.
Candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID.
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.On our team, people are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real value for customers.
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application