Company:INEOS NITRILES USA LLC
Interested in joining a winning team? A team whose employees share in the ownership of the business and are empowered to make a difference?
Organizational Context and Job Purpose
Nitriles is a global chemicals business with sales volume of 1200 kte and revenue in excess of $2.4 billion. The Nitriles products include acrylonitrile, hydrogen cyanide, acetonitrile and acrylonitrile catalyst.
The Technology and Engineering group is located in Aurora, Illinois and has global responsibility for Nitriles manufacturing technical support, including problem solving, process improvements, major project support, TAR support and AN Catalyst development as well as sales and licensing support. The incumbent is part of the Technology and Engineering team and reports directly to the Technology Consultant/Engineering Manager.
The Total Quality Management System shall be incorporated into all job activities. All job activities should be executed in a safe and efficient manner consistent with the INEOS 20 Principles.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Provides Safety Leadership by example, utilizing the INEOS 20 principles and IGGN’s.
- Coordinates Nitriles Global Capex process.
- Develops and runs Capex tracking and forecast process.
- Provides challenge to project cost and schedule proposals.
- Supports long-term Capex strategy/project prioritization.
- Supports Capex approval process via Capex approval tool.
- Participates in steering committees for selected Capex Projects.
- Leads peer reviews on selected projects.
- Supplements Nitriles site project teams by leading capital projects when needed.
- Provides process engineering support to Nitriles sites as needed.
- Performs special projects and business improvements for Nitriles Management Team on a global level.
Skills & Knowledge Required
In compliance with INEOS COVID protocols, you must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past your last dose of COVID vaccine) prior to your start date.
- BS Engineering required.
- 10+ years successful project work experience in the acrylonitrile area.
- Sincere commitment to safety.
- Skilled in basic process design.
- Skilled in use of process engineering software.
- General understanding of the acrylonitrile process and business needs
- Willingness to support own position and challenge others.
- History of managing projects with specific experience managing technically complex projects, utilizing the capex IGGN principles
- Understanding of work systems at each Nitriles site.
- Ability to travel globally for project work.
- Ability to work remotely with assigned personnel and technical groups on the ground at each site
- Proactively and positively manages change and conflict.
- Sets high expectations and standards of themselves and team members.
- Leads in proposing change in project management practices.
- Able to handle situations requiring a high level of unpredictability.
- Able to make decisions requiring the simultaneous coordination of a number of interrelated tasks.
- Able to communicate skilfully and network effectively across all levels of the organization.
- Capable of effectively leading and influencing multi-disciplinary teams.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Creative in solving problems.
- Strong team player
Expected Salary Range:
$120,000.00 - $144,000.00 based on skills and experience
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.On our team, people are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real value for customers.