Part of INEOS, INOVYN is Europe's leading producer of vinyls and in the top three worldwide. With an annual turnover of €3.1 billion, INOVYN has circa 4,200 employees and chemical manufacturing, sales and marketing operations in 8 countries across Europe.
INOVYN’s portfolio consists of an extensive range of class-leading products arranged across General Purpose Vinyls; Specialty Vinyls; Organic Chlorine Derivatives; Chlor Alkali; Hydrogen and Vinyls Technologies. INOVYN's annual commercial production volume is circa 10 milliontonnes. See www.inovyn.com and www.ineos.com for more details.
Main role purpose:
The post holder manages the shift teams and operation of the salt plant to deliver the required performance against SHE, operations, quality and financial KPIs.
Key responsibilities & accountabilities:
- Monitor and lead the control of safety systems and working conditions to ensure the safety of people and assets, particularly during non-routine operations.
- Monitor key operating parameters and conditions in line with agreed KPIs and direct the necessary adjustments to ensure planned output is achieved, customer requirements are met and food safety standards (BRC) are maintained.
- Maintain and improve morale, standards and discipline within the process team and ensure each member of the team makes a full contribution.
- Maintain production targets and plant availability whilst planned and coordinated maintenance activities are carried out.
- Act as Incident Controller during a site emergency.
Key skills & experience required:
- HNC/HND Chemical Operations; NVQ L4 in Supervisory Management.
- 5 to 10 years continuous process knowledge with supervisory experience in a chemical environment.
- Good understanding of Health & Safety at Work, environmental and safety legislation.
- Good communicator, including presentation skills.
- Excellent people management skills including leadership, coaching, appraising and team-building.
- Problem-solver with good analytical skills.
- Conversant with IT (including SAP, Lotus Notes, Excel, SCADA and DCS plant controls).
- High concern for standards.
- Demonstrate initiative, tenacity and results orientation.
- Able to perform effectively in pressurised situations.
- Mechanical engineering skills/appreciation would be an advantage to enable fault diagnosis and arrange effective resources and responses.
INOVYN is a company of INEOS. INEOS is a global manufacturer of petrochemicals, speciality chemicals and oil products. It comprises 34 businesses each with a major chemical company heritage. Its production network spans 183 sites in 26 countries throughout the world.
This is a direct Company recruitment. We will not accept applications via employment agencies
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application