Part of INEOS, INOVYN is Europe's leading producer of vinyls and in the top three worldwide. With an annual turnover of €3.1 billion, INOVYN has circa 4,200 employees and manufacturing, sales and marketing operations in 8 countries across Europe.
INOVYN’s portfolio consists of an extensive range of class-leading products arranged across General Purpose Vinyls; Specialty Vinyls; Organic Chlorine Derivatives; Chlor Alkali; Sulphur Chemicals; Salt; and Electrochemical and Vinyls Technologies. INOVYN's annual commercial production volume is circa 10 million tonnes. See www.inovyn.com and www.ineos.com for more details.
This is a direct Company recruitment. We will not accept applications via employment agencies.
The post holder manages a team of process operators across a range of activities from large scale salt evaporation/drying to packing and warehousing for the Salt Business at Weston Point, Runcorn. With a clear emphasis on SHEQ, food safety and efficient operations, the successful candidate will manage the day-to-day operations to ensure production targets are achieved in line with the S&OP plan.
- Safely deliver the required production volumes in line with business needs.
- Promote a positive SHE and food safety culture amongst peers and direct reports.
- Monitor and lead the control of safety systems, working conditions, site standards and high volumes of customer and works traffic to ensure the safety of people, plant and other assets, particularly during non-routine operations.
- Monitor key operating parameters and conditions and direct the necessary adjustments to ensure planned output is achieved, customer requirements are met, and food and feed safety standards (BRC/FEMAS) and quality standards (ISO9001) are maintained.
- Maintain production targets and plant availability through fault finding and co-ordinating out-of-hours maintenance activities to ensure plant downtime is minimised.
- Maintain standards and discipline within the process team and ensure each member of the team makes a full contribution.
- Act as Incident Controller during a site emergency.
Qualifications & Experience
- HNC/HND Chemical Operations and NVQ L4 in Supervisory Management (exceptional candidates without these qualifications may be considered if they have significant relevant experience).
- 5 to 10 years’ continuous process knowledge with supervisory experience in a manufacturing/chemical environment.
- SHE aware with proven experience in actively managing safety, health and environmental issues in the workplace.
- Experienced planner of production, overhaul/task events.
- Able to effectively train, coach and influence colleagues.
- Strong communicator and presenter.
- IT literate (SAP, Lotus Notes, Databases, Spreadsheets, SCADA and DCS plant controls).
Please send a CV and covering note to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for applications is 26 April 2021