Part of INEOS, INOVYN is Europe's leading producer of vinyls and in the top three worldwide. With an annual turnover of €3.1 billion, INOVYN has circa 4,200 employees and chemical manufacturing, sales and marketing operations in 8 countries across Europe.
INOVYN’s portfolio consists of an extensive range of class-leading products arranged across General Purpose Vinyls; Specialty Vinyls; Organic Chlorine Derivatives; Chlor Alkali; Hydrogen and Vinyls Technologies. INOVYN's annual commercial production volume is circa 10 milliontonnes. See www.inovyn.com and www.ineos.com for more details.
Main role purpose:
The post holder carries out a programme of technical work to maintain and improve engineering maintenance and plant operations and specify and manage execution and commissioning of projects determinedf by the Utilities & Bulk Loading RMEN.
Key responsibilities & accountabilities:
- Support the Asset Engineer with the implementation of Runcorn Site Engineering Standards and safe systems of work for the site services area to deliver legally compliant operation by Company SHE targets.
- Prepare specifications and scopes of work to purchase, overhaul and modify plant and equipment.
- Investigate, report and recommend solutions for specific plant problems to improve safety, reliability, availability, process efficiency, cost and quality assurance.
- Specify and manage modifications, design packages and projects with particular emphasis on the accuracy of information and updating of records, to define and execute them satisfactorily.
- Act as an inspection, quality control and supervision person on overhauls, installations and commissioning activities, so as to to satisfy the target programme and objectives.
Key skills & experience required:
- Graduate Mechanical Engineer (potential for this to be the first role after graduation).
- Working knowledge of relevant legislation – Pressure Systems Safety Regulations, Health & Safety at Work Act, Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations, Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations etc.
- A strong set of engineering skills in design, development and troubleshooting.
- Understanding of budgets and their control.
- Strong influencing and coaching skills.
- Good analytical, conceptual and strategic thinking.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Must display initiative, tenacity and concern for the impact.
- Prepared to challenge conventional norms and provide alternative solutions.
- Committed and flexible approach to work.
INOVYN is a company of INEOS. INEOS is a global manufacturer of petrochemicals, speciality chemicals and oil products. It comprises 34 businesses each with a major chemical company heritage. Its production network spans 183 sites in 26 countries throughout the world.
This is a direct Company recruitment. We will not accept applications via employment agencies