Sales Manager – Europe (ideal base Benelux, Northern France, Western Germany AND close to a main International Airport)
About our business
Contribute to an organisation that is the home to some of petrochemicals most innovative and cutting-edge operations, with two world-scale acetyl plants. We are the largest producers of acetic acid in Europe and the second largest producer of acetic acid globally. It doesn’t end there, later this year, INEOS Acetyls will assume the INEOS’ ethyl acetate business, making us the biggest producer of ethyl acetate in Europe and one of the major producers globally.
The whole chain of chemicals production is managed in Hull, from research to manufacturing, logistics and sales and we would like you to be part of this exciting journey.
About the Opportunity
Our ideal candidate will have extensive, proven experience in a sales management role. You will have responsibility for managing a customer portfolio in Western Europe and providing sales support and account management. The role includes implementing contract management strategies and negotiating supply agreements; finding new opportunities within the current customer base as well as finding new applications and/or customers within the specified territory or industry and working to support the overall success of the Sales team with the ultimate aim to maximize and grow margin opportunities.
You will bring with you your previous sales experience and management of large blue-chip accounts, ideally gained in the chemicals industry. The role will utilize your honed selling and negotiations skills as well as test your ability to identify and quickly assess potential opportunities.
You’ll possess excellent communication, interpersonal and team management skills to contribute to our open communication culture. Through data analysis and team observations identify methods to improve sales performance and effectiveness through better territory management and sales skills.
Given our customer base, we can flex on your base location however you will need to live within a reasonable commuting distance of a main international airport.
Language skills should include fluency in at least one European language as well as English, other additional European languages are advantageous.
Principle Accountabilities of the role:
Accountability 1: Business Planning
- Accurate forecasting of sales and pricing by customer on a weekly/monthly/quarterly/annual basis
- Assist management in developing annual sales budget and target accounts
- Management of customer offtake to balance production volumes/inventory with customer demand
- Maintain a detailed knowledge of market developments (including competitor activities) and customer applications and opportunities for competitive advantage
Accountability 2: Contract Management & Margin growth
- Understand in detail your customer contracts and work collaboratively to ensure compliance and define and implement a plan to maintain/grow margin in your assigned territory
- Clearly define your customer requirements to our customer service team and work closely to ensure we meet your customer expectations to ensure high customer satisfaction
- Work with the business team to find ways to grow margin and profitability
- Closely manager our credit exposure and payment performance of our customer whilst finding opportunities to reduce credit terms
Accountability 3: Relationship management
- Perform routine account management functions such as client site visits, manage price adjustments, timely submission of commercial proposals, long term development of client relationships, assist the Customer Service Representative in support of the account
- Establish a sales relationship with all targeted customers, stabilizing and securing the existing business
- Work closely with our technical and logistics teams to build relationships in some of our high service accounts and follow through with after-sale technical support to facilitate development of a broad and deep relationship base with multiple contact points at each customer
- Provide direction to Customer Service department; resolve customer complaints regarding sales and service
- Prepare complete, clear, and concise quotes/proposals/bids for customers
- Demonstrate an overall knowledge of company’s product line, modes of transportation, end uses, manufacturing processes, technical information and competition
- Write sales reports based on all interactions (visits/calls) with current or potential customers and share with relevant colleagues
Accountability 4: Business Development & Sustainability
- Understand in detail your customer requirements on sustainability and work with our Business teams to develop offers that enhance margins and drive competitive advantage competitive advantage
- Ensure our customer volume demands are aligned with our production capability and optimised to maximise margin
- Other duties as may be required from time to time
Level of education & Experience in general
- Degree level education in science or business.
- Previous sales experience and management of large blue-chip accounts, ideally in chemicals industry
- Extended experience in technical and commercial functions – sales, marketing, purchasing
- High level of business/commercial acumen together with strong analytical skills
- 50-80% travel, primarily to customer locations and operations sites, INEOS Acetyls plant location and INEOS Acetyls head-office
- Highly developed selling and negotiation skills
- Ability to rapidly understand and interpret information on market dynamics
- Sound understanding of financial data
- Strong competence with standard business software (e.g. Excel / Word / PowerPoint / PowerBI / QlickView / SAP, etc.)
- Good understanding of the chemistry and production processes.
- Creative and entrepreneurial
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills
- A team player
- Personal impact
- Able to identify and quickly assess potential opportunities
- Ability to handle multiple projects/account dialogs/negotiations in parallel
- Must be exceptionally comfortable and effective in a group presentation setting and possess excellent presentation skills that demonstrate product and market knowledge and confidence.
- Ability to cope with change, ambiguity and at times a challenging workload