Interested in joining a winning team? A team whose employees share in the ownership of the business and are empowered to make a difference?
The position has site-wide programmatic scope and influences Ineos personnel, contractors, emergency preparedness and incident investigation teams. There are no direct reports, and minimal discretionary spending authority associated with the position.
- Provides expertise, coaching, consultation, and hands-on support to customers across the Texas City Chemical Plant. Addresses safety and health issues including OSHA, process safety, behavioral safety and INEOS standards.
- Reviews, interprets, and clarifies legal requirements applicable to the Texas City Chemical Plant, and takes initiative to ensure site programs comply with requirements.
- Understands management systems, OMS, and INEOS standards and works with operations, maintenance and engineering teams to deliver programs that fulfill requirements and deliver performance results.
- Provides expertise and support to the USW Health & Safety Representatives, Joint Health & Safety Committee, Behavioral Based Safety Team, and personnel at all levels of the organization.
- Manages assigned safety programs and procedures, monitors conformance, and intervenes to improve performance.
- Leads and participates in risk assessments to identify hazards, potential impacts, and agreement of appropriate risk management measures.
- Develops and revises site H&S policies and procedures.
- Develops and delivers safety training to address INEOS Life Saving Rules, 20 Principals, OSHA requirements, INEOS requirements & standards, and site H&S policies, programs, and procedures.
- Participates in incident management and emergency response teams as requested.
- Interacts with external regulatory agencies and auditors.
- Monitors and audits SHE programs and practices and follows-up to improve performance.
- Networks with peers across the corporation to ensure consistency of interpretation and shares best practices.
- Provides Health and Safety support, consultation and expertise to turnarounds, projects, and the Capital Value Process (CVP).
- Analyzes site safety data and trends, communicates results, and recommends interventions to improve performance.
- Conducts field reviews, audits, and investigations which may involve working at heights, entry into confined spaces and/or hazardous work locations, operating lift equipment, and locking/tagging out equipment.
- Understands how their work affects the environment. Sets performance objectives and provides leadership to minimize impact on the environment. Communicates the importance of these issues. Supports the site Environmental Management System (EMS).
- Upholds INEOS commitment to health, safety, and security. Sets performance objectives and provides leadership to uphold INEOS SHE policies. Communicates the importance of these issues. Supports the site Local Operating Management System (LOMS).
- Lead site SHE Committee
- Responsible for Contractor Management regarding SHE and the Contractor SHE Program Manual
- Development of TAR Safety Plans. Prepare and lead daily TAR SHE meetings.
- Lead Big 5 Audit on Control of Work and Lockout/Tagout.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, AND EDUCATION:
- Degree required: B.S. in Engineering or Occupational / Industrial Safety
- Number of Years Experience Preferred for Entry: 3-6 years in chemical industrial, industrial health/safety
- Number of Years Experience Required for Competency: 6+
- Certifications Preferred: Associate Safety Professional (ASP) or Certified Safety Professional (CSP)
- Language(s) Needed: Must have excellent communications skills in English
CORE & FOUNDATION COMPETENCIES:
- Performance Bias
- Business Insight
- SHE Skills
- Taking the Lead
- Interpersonal Skills
- Partnership & Team working
- Digital Skills
- Wise Decisions
- Project Management Skill
- Policy, Procedures, Standards and Practices - Mastery - Essential
- Safety - Training and Competence - Skillful - Essential
- Safety - Hazard Recognition and Understanding - Mastery - Essential
- Safety - Behavioral Safety - Skillful - Essential
- Safety - Safety Equipment - Mastery - Essential
- Safety - Human Factors Engineering - Skillful
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.On our team, people are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real value for customers.