ABOUT INEOS & INEOS KOH
INEOS was founded in 1998 and is the second largest chemical company in the world with 25,000 employees at 184 locations in 31 countries. INEOS KOH is a recently created subsidiary of INEOS following the acquisition of ASHTA Chemicals in Ashtabula, Ohio.
INEOS KOH is a leading producer of potassium-based chemicals in North America and a strategically located producer of chlorine.
When joining INEOS, you will join a large company that offers development opportunities through project and hands-on experience. You will join a federal structure that leaves large autonomy to each business. INEOS values safety, challenges, creativity, ownership, manners, and spirit.
ORGANIZATION, CONTEXT and MAIN JOB PURPOSE
The SHE Manager for INEOS KOH provides technical safety, health, and environmental support, as well as training to the production and corporate personnel. This individual develops corporate safety and health programs/objectives while acting as a supporting member of the environmental team. This individual also monitors all company SHE procedures to ensure absolute compliance with both state and federal
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES and ACCOUNTABILITIES
To be successful in the SHE Professional position, there are key responsibilities and accountabilities that must be met at INEOS KOH standards.
The main accountabilities are:
1. SHE Regulatory Compliance/Training - Advises corporate and manufacturing staff of all regulatory OSHA, RCMS, RCRA, and EPA standard changes. While also conducting all initial and refresher training to meet compliance standards.
2. SHE Policy Maintenance – Prepares, writes, and enforces SHE policies and procedures that are in accordance with INEOS KOH’s Life Saving Principles and safe workplace practices.
3. Process Safety Management - Participates as required in auditing site programs for Process Safety Management (PSM) compliance. Develops and maintains systems that assure protection of personnel, environment and plant equipment, develops and implements processes that will meet site and corporate goals and promotes the awareness of PSM and other regulatory requirements throughout the organization.
4. SHE Management – Leads, directs, and supervises the Safety, Health, and Environmental department. Mentors leaders and hourly employees on all SHE related issues in the facility.
5. Safety Leadership Team (SLT) – Acts as head of the Safety Leadership Team, spearheads incident reporting, corrective actions, and continuous safety improvement.
6. Safety Review – Safety process reviews (including PHA’s (process hazard analyses), PSSR’s (prestartup Safety Reviews (PSSR’s), operator training, etc.
7. SHE Awareness – Promotes SHE awareness through internal company emails, digital signage, specific training programs, and company recognition events.
KEY SKILLS and KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s Degree in Safety Management, Occupational Safety and Health, Environmental Science, Chemistry, Engineering or related field is highly desired.
- Seven (7) or more years of experience in coordinating and SHE programs for a manufacturing
- Department Supervisory experience is highly preferred.
- Extensive knowledge in both OSHA and EPA compliance standards and regulations.
- Proven history of employee trainings required to maintain currency with regulatory issues and familiarity with SHE topics specific to INEOS KOH.
- Highly developed knowledge in the field of safety, health, and environmental.
- Strong working knowledge of safety, environmental and emergency response requirements.
- Prefer experience in a chemical manufacturing environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to negotiate and influence others.
- Strong planning, organization, and follow-through skills.
- Well-developed computer and analytical skills.
- Teamwork and problem-solving skills.
- Leadership skills.
- High ethical standards.
BEHAVIORAL SKILLS REQUIRED
- Safety Leadership – knowledge of the factors that support and drive strong Health & Safety culture and performance; ability and desire to maintain and continuously improve SHE awareness and practice and inspire the same in others.
- Executes for Results – takes responsibility to meet business objectives and deliver results. Takes ownership of business priorities, actions and results. Operates with discipline and creates environment for excellence.
- Active Decision Making – makes timely decisions, balancing analysis with decisiveness and strong bias for action.
- Mobilizes Change – champions change to achieve business results. Energizes the organization and leads others to accept and embrace change. Considers and understands the impact of change.
- People Champion – develops people capabilities and enables them to grow and flourish. Develops self and others to realize potential. Holds people accountable and fairly manages performance.
- Leads Collaboratively – actively builds effective working relationships and seeks to create shared purpose among colleagues and team members. Builds effective working relationships, facilities teamwork and promotes sharing of knowledge/expertise across the organization.
- Entrepreneurial Strategic Thinking – envisions the future and thinks strategically with strong passion.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a CV and covering letter to Steve Kane at firstname.lastname@example.org