Insulation and paint supervisor/coordinator - Contract
INEOS O & P
A truly global company, INEOS is one of the world’s largest chemical companies. Having committed to significant investment over the next few years, we now require an Insulation & Paint Inspector/Coordinator with relevant experience to play a key role in the delivery and support of this growth in our business.
Coordinate delivery of Insulation and Painting service for the new KG Furnace (F-10).
Interface with the F-10 project team to Inspect, scope, schedule, estimate, progress monitor, bill and closeout Insulation & paint activities.
Interface with the relevant contractors to:
- Ensure that the quality of Insulation and Painting meets business requirements, Ineos & industry standards
- Ensure that the costs of individual Insulation & Paint tasks are estimated correctly
- Drive delivery of scheduled tasks
- Monitor and report on progress
Ensure delivery of the F-10 scope meets the requirements of the KG asset, that it is safe, productive and cost effective.
The Furnace 10 Project provides expanded and more flexible production for the KG Asset.
INEOS is working closely with an Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) contractor to construct and commission the new furnace.
The furnace be at the heart of plant operations for more than 20 years. So is designed to be a high-quality and high-integrity installation.
The role is required to ensure that all the coatings and insulation of the new furnace is installed in a timely manner, and to the correct requirements, in line with INEOS specifications.
The role functionally reports to both KG SIPS Lead and F-10 Construction Manager.
The role is required to interface with the Principle Contractor & their subcontractors in relation to Insulation & Paint activities.
- Oversee and endorse insulation, and painting estimates, ensuring a quality service, and that the service represents value for money.
- Monitor contractor performance and report to the F-10 Team Leaders on issues identified.
- Coordinate with the F-10 planner and Construction Manager
- Assist in the development of workpacks & issuing such scope to the contractor via a document control process.
- Support scope development and constructability reviews to ensure services requirements are optimised for each event.
- Carry out continuous monitoring & quality inspections to ensure all services are aligned with the job requirements.
- Influence the contractor & employees (by mentoring, coaching, training or other legitimate means) to deliver the required tasks/scopes in the manner and to the quality required by INEOS.
- Keep up to date with Insulation & Coatings technology/standards and maintain/develop your own skills across the SIPs disciplines (e.g. in inspecting scaffolds for defects and in the inspection of insulation and painting for quality).
- Job is a nightshift pattern with flexibility to be converted into Dayshift as per business request and in alignment to WTD.
- The need for the role is to give assurance that the Insulation & coatings are applied in line with Ineos site standards. Therefore certification on ICCOR Level 2 or equivalent in Painting & Insulation are required.
- The role requires Inspection, written reports & completion certification.
- The role involves working with systems, procedures, and interfaces across the following:
- The F-10 Construction Supervisor, planner, permit control of work & QA team.
- The F-10 Construction Manager / Project Manager.
- The insulation & coatings contractor & their parent contractor.
Qualifications, knowledge and SkilL
- ICCOR Level 2 or equivalent in Painting & Insulation.
- Detailed knowledge of Insulation and Painting techniques, including hot and Acoustic duty insulation, surface preparation and painting quality assurance.
- Extensive experience (minimum 5+ years) at supervisor on SIP contracts (in either a client or contractor role).
- Direct experience within the oil and gas industry and in working on term contracts & or projects.
- Ability to read, understand & red line P & I Ds & isometric drawings.
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels (and in particular with client planning teams and SIPs contractor employees/supervisors).
- Proven record of accomplishment in influencing and in delivering business expectations.
- Knowledge & experience of quality management systems.
How to APply
Please upload your CV and press apply
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application