Altamira Site, Mexico
INEOS Styrolution Mexicana, S.A. de C.V.
Our Company: INEOS Styrolution is a leading global styrenics supplier, with a focus on styrene monomer, polystyrene, Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene standard and styrenic specialties. Offering excellent production facilities, cutting-edge R&D centers, international reach, and over 90 years' experience pioneering real change through sustainable solutions, all while makeing the circular economy for styrenics a reality.
- Global leader in styrenics: No. 1 leader in styrenics with a focus on Styrene Monomer, Polystyrene, Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene Standard and Styrenic Specialties
- Employees: 3,600 worldwide
- Production sites: 20 manufacturing sites in 10 countries
- Customer base: Customers in 106 countries
- Sales: 4 billion EUR in 2020
The Position: SHE Manager - Lead SHE efforts of the Altamira Site by establishing and promoting consistent application of programs and policies that meet all regulatory and company requirements and result in a high level of SHE performance.Implement a Leading Safety Culture and a strong Operational Discipline system in the Site.
Level of education & knowledge:
Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Occupational Safety & Health, Environmental Science, or related technical degree required.
Experience in general:
At least 10 years chemical or petrochemical manufacturing experience, with an understanding of SHE compliance and performance issues. Personnel management experience preferred
1. Advanced English (> 500 Toefl)
2. Working knowledge of industry standards as applied to petrochemical facilities, Process Safety Management (PSM), and Risk Management Programs (RMP).
3. This includes experience with incident investigation, Management of Change, Hazard and Operability Studies (HAZOP), Process Hazard Analysis, and Layer of Protection Analysis, preferably leading or facilitating these processes.
4. Working knowledge (or ability to quickly learn) environmental, health and safety regulations at the county, state, and federal level including US DOT and hazardous material regulations; permitting processes for air, water, and solid waste compliance, etc.
5. Experience with Quality Management Systems (ISO 9001), Environmental Management Systems (ISO 14001), and SHE auditing is preferred
6. Community relations experience is helpful.
7. Ability to lead, guide and coach key site SHE teams including site emergency response teams and Joint Health and Safety Committee.
8. Ability to lead the effective implementation of emergency/incident response systems including the Emergency Operations Center (EOC).
9. Ability to direct the activities related to contract services for security, fugitive emissions monitoring, and environmental consulting services.
10. Familiarity with emissions modelling and vapour release software.
Accountability 1 – Policy and Strategy
- Ensure, by the design and implementation of strategies and initiatives the adherence to Safety 20 principles and the fulfilment of applicable regulations.
- Promote and oversight a rigorous operational discipline culture and process safety elements compliance.
- Develop a plan for an adequate communication and understanding of the 20 Safety Principles and the rules for saving lives.
- Oversee management of site permits, including compliance assurance systems, permit renewals and permit amendments.
Accountability 2 - SHE Excellence at the Site
- Develop and implement a plan for establishing a leading safety culture ensuring compliance of the Safety Performance Indicators (SPI).
- Responsible for site’s internal Company SHE reporting in accordance with Company incident reporting directive.
- Monitoring of SHE KPI´s and trends to define and implement action plans when needed
- Promote an auditing system for critical permits.
Accountability 3 – Environment
- Manage the sites’ environmental programs including overseeing the preparation and submittal of all environmental reports. Verify compliance with permits and agency requirements.
- Provide environmental surveillance as necessary and maintains environmental records.
- Support ISO 14001 certification including internal and external audits, goal setting, continuous improvement efforts, etc.
Accountability 4. – SHE Team development
- Ensure adequate, competent personnel staffing to enable fulfillment of Site SHE objectives.
- Supervise Process and Behavioral Safety professionals around PSM, Emergency Response, and Safety processes (e.g., PHA, LOPA, incident investigations, MOCs) to ensure compliance, build commitment, and support continuous improvement, including application of lessons learned, across the SIte.
- Provide leadership, coaching and development of all Site SHE Team members. Includes setting clear goals, conducting performance reviews, fostering career development, etc.
- Direct the activities of contract services as follows:
- Contract fugitive emissions monitoring services
- Contract environmental consulting services – as required.
- Utilize SHE Team to support special projects and maintenance turnarounds.
Accountability 5. – Interface with Industry and community representatives
- Participate in community advisory panel, industrial associations, and Local Emergency Planning Committees to support relationships and represent the Company’s interests.
The Location: This opportunity is located in Altamira, Tamaulipas, México.
Why Should You Apply?
- Competitive salaries, performance-related pay and bonuses.
- Comprehensive benefits package with low premiums including health, short term disability, life and accidental death insurance plans
- 401K with company match + contributions
- Fitness and tuition reimbursement
- Flexible work environment
- Career development and progression
We are INEOS Styrolution because:
- We provide equal employement opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, maritial status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status.
- We are committed to the safety and personal wellness of all our employees
- We recognize success and reward achievements
- We support employees who are passionate about success and motivated.
- We offer a positive learning environment and encourage the sharing of best practices
- We produce materials that are necessary for our daily lives
- We contribute to the communities in which we operate and donate to organizations our employees care about
- We foster teamwork and safe, positive working environments
We are excited to hear from you and to share more about our organization.
All the best,
The INEOS Styrolution Talent Team
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application