APPLY FOR THIS JOB
Channahon, Illinois, United States
INEOS Styrolution America LLC
Our Company: INEOS Styrolution is a leading global styrenics supplier, with a focus on styrene monomer, polystyrene, ABS Standard and styrenic specialties. Offering world-class production facilities, cutting-edge R&D centers, international reach, and over 90 years' experience pioneering real change through innovative and sustainable best-in-class solutions, all while helping to make the circular economy for styrenics a reality.
- Global leader in styrenics: No. 1 leader in styrenics with a focus on Styrene Monomer, Polystyrene, ABS Standard and Styrenic Specialties
- Employees: 3,600 worldwide
- Production sites: 20 manufacturing sites in 10 countries
- Customer base: Customers in 106 countries
- Sales: 4 billion EUR in 2020
The Position: SHE Engineer - The SHE Engineer is responsible for assisting Channahon to achieve and maintain compliance with Styrolution SHE polices and applicable federal, state, and local environmental regulatory requirements for the operation of the permitted site.
- Degree in engineering required - environmental studies, safety, or similar technical discipline is preferred.
- Knowledgeable in SHE Technical Areas preferred.
- 3-5 years’ experience working in a chemical plant environment is preferred.
- Demonstrates understanding of component operations
- Ability to correctly interpret and apply SHE laws and regulations and industry
- Competent in the use of Microsoft and Adobe software and ability to develop competency in the use of ancillary software applications used by the company
- Demonstrates expert knowledge and operational experience in several SHE technical areas as well as demonstrates an understanding of chemical plant operations.
- Compiles and submits complete and accurate information and data necessary to measure performance towards plant SHE goals and regulatory compliance, as assigned.
- Provide technical knowledge and expertise to the organization on air, waste, and water compliance programs. Evaluate plant projects, process changes and direct site operations in defining compliance requirements. Apply for environmental permits as necessary for the site to maintain compliance.
- Collect, maintain, and analyze the data and records necessary to complete environmental compliance reports. (Title V, LDAR, MACT, EPCRA, TSCA, NPDES, SWPPP, RCRA)
- Oversee the site waste management program that includes Hazardous, Non-Hazardous and Special Waste. Maintain the training necessary to complete manifests for waste shipments.
- Establish procedures and policies necessary for the site to maintain compliance with Air, Water and Waste regulations.
- Lead and/or support safety and health activities that support incident management systems (KMS), contractor safety, industrial hygiene and safe work practices.
- Oversee ISO14001 implementation and maintain systems necessary to maintain compliance.
- Participate in site emergency response coordination and the communication of hazards consistent with EPCRA requirements.
- Lead or support DOT and US Coast Guard compliance activities.
- Must be able to climb ladders and stairs
- Walking up to 8 hrs
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work in confined spaces
- Wear respiratory protection
The Location: This opportunity is located in Channahon, Illinois, United States, only one hour from Chicago.
Why Should You Apply?
- Competitive salaries, performance-related pay and bonuses.
- Comprehensive benefits package with low premiums including short term disability, life and accidental death insurance plans
- 401K with company match + contributions
- Fitness and tuition reimbursement
- Flexible work environment
- Career development and progression
We are INEOS Styrolution because:
- We are committed to the safety and personal wellness of all our employees
- We recognize success and reward achievements
- We support employees who are passionate about success, and who are spirited, bold and motivated.
- We offer a positive learning environment and encourage the sharing of best practices
- We produce materials that are essential for daily lives
- We contribute to the communities in which we operate and donate to organizations our employees care about
- We foster teamwork and safe, positive working environments
We are excited to hear from you and to share more about our organization.
All the best,
The INEOS Styrolution Talent Team
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application