Reliability Engineer - Rotating Equipment
Pasadena, Texas, USA
INEOS Styrolution America LLC
INEOS Styrolution is a leading global styrenics supplier, with a focus on styrene monomer, polystyrene, Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene standard and styrenic specialties. Offering excellent production facilities, cutting-edge R&D centers, international reach, and over 90 years' experience pioneering real change through sustainable solutions, all while makeing the circular economy for styrenics a reality.
Global leader in styrenics: No. 1 leader in styrenics with a focus on Styrene Monomer, Polystyrene, Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene Standard and Styrenic Specialties
Employees: 3,600 worldwide
Production sites: 20 manufacturing sites in 10 countries
Customer base: Customers in 106 countries
Sales: 4 billion EUR in 2020
You will be accountable for the reliability of rotating equipment; requiring knowledge of best-in-class practices around operation and maintenance of rotating equipment. You will utilize a solid ability to troubleshoot mechanical rotating equipment by applying root cause failure analysis. Skills include troubleshooting motors, pumps, compressors, and gearboxes utilizing vibration signatures, oil analysis, and motor current signatures.
- Troubleshoot reciprocating and centrifugal compressor problems utilizing existing process conditions.
- Oversee and direct the rotating equipment/vibration monitoring program.
- Review rotating equipment recommendations and set priorities for completion of recommendations.
- Ensure complete and accurate rotating equipment repair documentation.
- Participate in all the appropriate project reviews that impact the reliability and rotating equipment integrity of the plant.
- Implement projects to improve mechanical reliability, reduce costs, improve safety and solve environmental issues.
- Provide technical support to project engineering. Have some crossover responsibilities on the stationary equipment reliability.
- Work with vendors concerning equipment issues, technology issues, failure problems, and quotes on equipment used in some projects.
- Demonstrate strong safety leadership in daily work and through:
- Coordination with maintenance supervisors to develop and implement preventive and predictive maintenance programs on existing equipment (fixed equipment, pumps, safety devices, etc.) based on manufacturer’s recommendation or best engineering practices
- Lead or participate as needed in Process Hazard Analysis, Layers of Protection Analysis (LOPA), or other risk assessments
- Write and support the Management of Change process through PHA and PSSR Evaluations
- Lead/participate in incident investigations to identify root causes and corrective recommendations to prevent reoccurrence
- BS in Engineering; Mechanical Engineering preferred
- 8 - 10 years’ work experience in plant maintenance, of this, 5 years focused on rotating equipment troubleshooting, vibration monitoring, etc.
- Extensive experience with reciprocating and centrifugal compressors and pumps
- In-depth knowledge of refrigeration compressors, steam turbines and gearboxes
- Experience in providing training to rotating equipment mechanics and operators preferred
- Familiarity with vibration signature and oil analysis; pump design fundamentals and sizing; and mechanical details of rotating equipment and seal plans
- Basic knowledge of relevant instrumentation and applications on rotating equipment
- Root-cause analysis and reliability fundamentals
- Familiarity with Bad Actor programs and Criticality analysis
- General understanding of reactors, exchangers, boilers, tanks, etc.
- Experience with SAP, Microsoft Office software, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project, etc.
This opportunity is located in Pasadena, TX, approximately 20 miles east of downtown Houston. Please note that relocation assistance will not be provided for this position.
Why Should You Apply?
Competitive salaries, performance-related pay and bonuses.
Comprehensive benefits package with low premiums including health, short term disability, life and accidental death insurance plans
401K with company match + contributions
Fitness and tuition reimbursement
Flexible work environment
Career development and progression
We are INEOS Styrolution because:
We provide equal employement opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, maritial status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status.
We are committed to the safety and personal wellness of all our employees
We recognize success and reward achievements
We support employees who are passionate about success and motivated.
We offer a positive learning environment and encourage the sharing of best practices
We produce materials that are necessary for our daily lives
We contribute to the communities in which we operate and donate to organizations our employees care about
We foster teamwork and safe, positive working environments
We are excited to hear from you and to share more about our organization.
All the best,
The INEOS Styrolution Talent Team
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application