IN OUR EXPERIENCED TEAM.
INEOS Styrolution is the leading global styrenics supplier, with a focus on styrene monomer, polystyrene, ABS Standard and styrenic specialties. With world-class production facilities and more than 90 years of experience, INEOS Styrolution helps its customers succeed by offering solutions, designed to give them a competitive edge in their markets. At the same time, these innovative and sustainable best-in-class solutions help make the circular economy for styrenics a reality. The company provides styrenic applications for many everyday products across a broad range of industries, including automotive, electronics, household, construction, healthcare, packaging and toys/sports/leisure. In 2020, sales were at 4 billion euros. INEOS Styrolution employs approximately 3,600 people and operates 20 production sites in ten countries.
A. Purpose/Role of the job /: Describe in 1 phrase what contribution the job is expected to make to the organization’s objectives
Responsible for improvement of the reliability of all Mechanical - Static and Rotary equipment in all plants in India. Prepare and implement reliability improvement plan for each plant based on past failures. Analyse the failures of each plant by collecting data and study the system thoroughly and plan for corrective & preventive measures to avoid recurrence of the failure and resolve chronic issues. Ensure that all activities are planned and executed in accordance with INEOS Styrolution SHE guidelines.
B. Environment/Context/Complexity of the job: Describe the most important internal and external factors influencing the job
- Compliance to INEOS Styrolution SHE guidelines.
- Compliance to quality standard ISO-9001 and Environment Management System (ISO-14001).
- Knowledge of techniques for efficient use of energy and plant operation.
- Compliance to INEOS Styrolution IGGN guidelines.
- Support in Energy standard ISO 50000 activities at all sites.
- Inspection and testing by external agencies.
- Review of external agencies for reliability of work carried out.
C. Responsibilities/Accountabilities of the job: Describe the main results expected from the job.
1. Key Result Areas: Incident free operations, Adherence to INEOS Styrolution SHE guidelines,
Compliance of local regulations.
- Participate in regular safety training at site:
- Safety rules and guidelines
- Operating procedures
- Incident sharing and learning
- Permit to work and Risk Assessment, etc.
- Active support to the safety culture at site and work safely for incident free operation.
- Understand and follow annual SHE improvement plan for the site.
- Work in line with SHE KPIs and Targets set by management from time to time.
- Contribute to Behavior Based Safety (BBS) program at site.
- Participate on training at site to take BBSO to next level of reporting.
- Support Site SHE committee to resolve safety issues and drive SHE performance.
- Be conscious that all incidents including Near Miss at site must be reported, investigated and action items must be tracked to closure.
- Active use of KMS for incident reporting and investigation, MOC, action item tracking
- Collaborate to track and close all SHE related action items from audit, plant walkthroughs.
- Support the Asset Manager, responsible for the overall integrity of the site.
- Contribute to INEOS Styrolution Asset Care program
- Take responsibility for maintaining the asset and integrity of the protective system.
- Follow site procedures aligned with INEOS Group Guidance Notes (IGGNs).
- Accountable for
- Following and practicing INEOS 20 principles of Behavior Safety and Process Safety at site
- Following and practicing Life Saving Rules at site
- Safety of other Employees, Contractors, Visitors and partners at site
- Following Permit to Work as per the site procedure
- Following Management of Change (MOC) as per the site procedure.
- Responsible for
- Participating in HAZOPs at site as per procedure
- Tracking action items from HAZOP to closure.
- Work in compliance with all legal regulations.
- Adherence to site licenses and permits.
- Participate on the INEOS Styrolution Sustainability program at site.
- Stop work whenever there is an unsafe condition and immediately inform the Shift Leader and/or Head of Department.
- Directly intervene with those in your working area not using PPE or not following INEOS Styrolution standards and procedures.
- Maintain the respective workplace in order and clean, as per best practices of housekeeping.
Outcome: Zero incident/accident in the plant with sustainability and safe operation.
2. Key Result Areas: Reliability improvement of Process & Utility equipment – Static and Rotary.
- Develop and implement Preventive and Predictive maintenance plans for site in line with maintenance policy.
- Contribute to achieving and maintaining Reliability goals and objectives through the use of sound predictive and preventative maintenance practices.
- Constant focus on continuous improvement; best practice, sharing learnings and communications to promote the cultural shift towards total plant reliability.
- Work with maintenance engineers to develop and implement preventive and predictive maintenance programs on existing equipment.
- Collect the failure data in each plant to study and find out the real issues and bad actors.
- Lead a Cross Functional Equipment Improvement Team to address chronic issues. The responsibilities include:
- Investigate equipment failures using Root Cause Failure Analysis principles and work order history to identify failure modes.
- Implement corrective actions required to prevent reoccurrence
- Plan, design, co-ordinate, schedule, and supervise specific corrective maintenance projects.
- Update the preventive & Predictive maintenance plans, schedule and task list in accordance with RCA action items to avoid the failures in future.
- Ensure that corrective and Preventive actions must be initiated based on the PM & PDM inspection report.
- Ensure that Re-inspection should be done to ensure that the action taken has resolved the issue.
- Ensure that Predictive Maintenance results and actions should be maintained in SAP based on the actual work implemented.
- Study & Recommend suitable instruments for condition monitoring at each site or for common use if needed.
- Study and suggest at each plant, the scope for implementation of Risk based inspection (RBI), Mechanical integrity (MI) and plan for mitigation measures for improving overall reliability & life of plant as applicable.
- Generate reports pertaining to reliability and other related activities in each plant and follow up with plant team for completion of the jobs.
- Work with vendors concerning equipment issues, technology issues and failures.
- Use reliability concepts / tools to perform reliability assessment of plant assets and develop action plans to increase reliability and reduce maintenance costs.
- Provide support to achieve reliability costs and performance goals.
- Apply / sustain / improve reliability standard operating procedures. Optimize stated best practices to achieve lowest long term cost of ownership.
- Apply lean fundamentals to equipment reliability and conduct mechanical reliability audits and reviews.
- Review new and repaired equipment design and develop reliability requirements.
- Lead plant reliability improvement initiatives which focus on eliminating significant and recurring reliability issues.
- Assume the Maintenance engineer backup role in his/her absence.
- Support Process Based Leadership, Management of Change, and other business processes.
- Perform other duties as assigned which may not be specifically listed in the position description, but which are within the general occupational series and responsibility level typically associated with the employee’s skills classification of work.
Outcome: Improvement in reliability of the plant.
3. Key Result Areas: Support in working through SAP-PM at each plant for improving equipment reliability.
Major Activities :
- Review of plant equipment data in SAP and support to update.
- Review of PM plan and updating in SAP and support to update.
- Review of PM Task list and updating in SAP and support to update.
- Review condition monitoring schedule in SAP-PM plan and support to update.
- Review of pending PM orders and follow up to complete the work within timeline.
- Monitor PM compliance and condition monitoring compliance.
- Monitor pending action items base on condition monitoring inspection report.
- Monitor re-inspection to ensure that issue has been resolved after the rectification.
- Generate actual PM & PdM completed vs Plan and discuss with Maintenance & Production staff to close the gaps if any.
Outcome: Follow PM & PdM as planned through SAP.
4. Key Result Areas: Support for Energy, Quality management and statutory compliances for improving reliability.
- Support the sites in certification of ISO 9001:2008 QMS & ISO 14001:2004 EMS systems.
- Support for ISO 50000 certification program as needed.
- Provide support for corrective action to be taken on suggestion of internal or external auditor.
- As part of statutory requirement testing & Inspection of process and utility equipment should be planned and monitored.
- Support in energy conservation activities at sites.
Outcome: Compliance with energy & Quality management at site.
5. Key Result Areas: Support for Spares management through SAP for reliability improvement.
- Monitor that Critical Spares including minimum inventory must be identified in coordination with operations based on the criticality of the equipment and as recommended by OEM.
- Monitor that Critical spares should be defined in SAP and inventory of those spares must be maintained accordingly.
- Ensure that minimum required inventory of critical spares in stores is maintained as per the defined list.
- Identify non-moving spares at all plants and flag them as disposable or to be used by other sites or in future project.
- Monitor spares inventory at all sites and suggest for controlling measures.
Outcome: Optimum spares management at site.
D. Dimensions: Describe the most representative figures of the job (for example: number of staff, budget you’re responsible for, number of projects.)
Number or amount in €
R&M budget expenses
Moxi ~ 2.14 Cr INR (318 KUSD)
Katol ~ 2.40 Cr INR (357 KUSD)
Moxi: 66 kta Compounding
Katol: 100 kta SAN
Number of Maintenance staff
Moxi: 14 nos,
Katol: 23 nos.
Supervision of staff: Give the number of people you supervise (“Direct” means that they report directly to you, “Indirect” means they report to someone who reports to you.)
E. Main contacts /Interfaces: What are the internal and external contacts you have, necessary for reaching your results?
Frequency of contacts
My role in those contacts 
Purpose of contacts
As and when needed
To implement SHE guidelines effectively in reliability program
Maintenance deptt Mech/Elect/Inst
For maintenance related and other work
For process related and other work
For Utility equipment maintenance & reliability issues
As and when needed
As per plant requirement
As and when needed
As per plant requirement
As and when needed
As per plant requirement
As and when needed
As per plant requirement for reliability issues
F. Required profile:
Level of education & Knowledge:
- BE/B Tech in Mechanical engineering from institute of repute with 1st division.
- Fluent in English, Hindi / Gujarati
Experience in general:
- Minimum 8 years of experience in Reliability & maintenance of Process and Utility Rotary and Static equipment of polymer or petrochemical industry.
- Technical knowledge in Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) and Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) methods.
- Experience with predictive and preventive maintenance tools
- Awareness about SHE guidelines procedures applicable in process plants/polymer industries.
- Knowledge of Operation & Maintenance of Utility & plant equipment like Heat Exchangers, Boiler, Thermic Fluid Heater, Refrigeration plant, Cooling tower, Air compressor, Nitrogen plant, Pumps & blowers, Agitators, Gear boxes, Mechanical seals, Polymer Gear pumps, Reactors, , Pelletizers, Conveying system , Packing machines and knowledge of metallurgy and welding process etc.
- Knowledge of condition monitoring techniques for Rotary and Static mechanical equipment, Piping & Valves used in petrochemical industry.
- Knowledge of computer for generation of various reports for plant reliability and maintenance.
- Knowledge of statutory requirement applicable for Process & Utility equipment such as IBR/Pressure Vessels/Licensing requirement/Lifting equipment etc.
- Working knowledge of SAP – PM/MM modules.
- Knowledge of various techniques required for improvement of the plant reliability.
- Knowledge of Energy conservation measures, techniques and other cost saving methods.
- Should be trained on condition monitoring tools and techniques for analysis of the abnormality.
- Should be able to prepare and understand PFD, P&ID, Piping diagram, stress analysis, equipment drawings and GA drawings etc.
- Good understanding of World Class Reliability processes such as; planning & scheduling, preventive & predictive tools, Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) etc.
Competencies, Behavioral skills: (acc. to competency profile and required level of descriptions)
- Positive attitude towards safety norms, work procedures & alertness for self and others.
- Strong observation skill for solving repeated & chronic problems in the plant.
- Strong Analytical skill using different tools and methodology with data based study.
- Good Communication & presentation skill - verbal & written in English, Hindi/Gujarati.
- Team player with One team concept and able to work in team.
- Responsible and reliable.
Legal Training Requirements:
- Under the provision (111-A) of the Factories Act 1948, reading with Gujarat Factory Rules 1963 about General Health & Safety, Emergency response, handling of hazardous substance.
- Must be able to climb ladders and stairs as needed.
- Walking/standing up to 8 hours a day
- Must be able to lift up to 25 kg of weight
- Must be able to work in confined spaces.
- Traveling to all plants in India according to need.
G. Performance indicators: Describe the criteria allowing to measure to what extent the results are achieved - related to the accountabilities
- Plant & Equipment Reliability (Process & Utility)
- PM compliance
- PdM compliance
- Compliance of pending action item of condition monitoring inspection.
- Compliance of RCA recommendation
If you require further information please contact Ruchi Sharma.
Of course, your application will be treated confidentially.
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application