RELIABILITY ENGINEER- MAINTENANCE
At INEOS Pigments, we value the contribution of our people in making us one of the largest producers of titanium dioxide in North America. Providing numerous products and services to industries around the globe, from coatings to plastics to paper and other end-uses, we invest in employee development and offer a wide range of career opportunities, offering everyone the chance to broaden their experience and build a professionally rewarding career.
About the Role
The primary objective of the Reliability Engineer- Maintenance is supporting the INEOS Pigments- Ashtabula Complex to achieve business objectives around fixed and rotating equipment reliability by identifying plant equipment issues performing root cause analysis, and developing and implementing solutions.
- You should possess a Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, Industrial, or Civil). At least five years' experience in the field of equipment maintenance and troubleshooting, preferably in the chemical industry
- Working knowledge of equipment function and design, regulatory requirements, and PSM Mechanical Integrity
- Understanding of welding principles
- Experience working with and leading cross-functional teams
- Knowledgeable in the use and integration of predictive and preventive maintenance tools
- Failure analysis training and RCFA facilitator training are desired
- Advanced skills in MS Office
- Excellent interpersonal skills and advanced communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must understand Computerized Maintenance Management System (SAP)
- This is a salaried exempt day shift position with off-hours duty coverage as required
Specific Job Responsibilities
- Adherence to all SHE policies and procedures and INEOS Pigments '20 principles of process and behavioral Life-Saving Rules
- Follows engineering standards, plant procedures, and piping specifications to accomplish day-to-day tasks and responsibilities
- Develop short-term engineering solutions for rotating and fixed equipment to extend equipment life and ensure reliability
- Implementing and tracking Key Maintenance / Reliability Performance Indicators
- Lead Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) and other Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) efforts, all from a very practical, action-oriented approach.
- Establish best practices and drive Ashtabula towards continuous improvement in higher technology
- Support plant maintenance and manufacturing cost objectives and cost reduction efforts
- Develops and evaluates plans and criteria for a variety of projects and activities and may oversee a group of engineers or inspectors on assigned projects
- Lead Reliability programs and work closely with Operations, Maintenance, and Engineering to prioritize and schedule work.
- Serve on and lead teams or committees on assigned projects efficiently and effectively.
- Makes suggestions and recommendations to the Reliability Manager based on technical expertise and engineering knowledge, and experience
- Review and help implement Capital Projects by working with Project Engineering in a team and customer relationship
- Supports the implementation of reliability efforts, mechanical integrity, PSM, and Safety Audit Action Items
- Champion preventive/predictive maintenance of plant equipment
- Review and manage the implementation of Requests for Change (RFCs)
- Provide troubleshooting support for technicians and supervision
- Maintain and publish monthly maintenance key performance indicators (KPI)
- Investigates reasons for downtime/failures, assists in the identification of root causes and development/implementation of technical solutions
- Maintains costs within budget specifications
Our Ashtabula, Ohio Complex, consisting of two plants just south of Lake Erie, is a state-of-the-art manufacturing complex with leading technology and more than 45 years of manufacturing excellence. Plant 1 and Plant 2 safely and efficiently produce titanium dioxide pigment (TiO₂) and titanium chemicals products. The company is one of the largest producers of TiO₂, a bright white powder made from titanium ore. TiO₂ makes possible opacity, brightness, and durability in various end uses like coatings, plastics, and paper. Titanium dioxide is a unique material delivering an unparalleled refractive index value, making it ideal for applications where opacity is required.
Important Note: INEOS Pigments requires individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before employment unless an exemption can be confirmed based on a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief. Submission and approval of an exemption do not guarantee that an exemption can be accommodated.
INEOS Pigments offers a competitive salary with an annual bonus and a comprehensive benefits package, including paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, long-term disability with the buy-up option, basic life & AD&D insurance with a buy-up option for self and dependents, 401(k) with company match.
Read about "EEO is the Law"