Interested in joining a winning team? A team whose employees share in the ownership of the business and are empowered to make a difference?
Purpose of role
The Reliability Fixed Equipment Engineer serves as the plants subject matter expert for fixed equipment (tanks, vessels & piping). This position interacts directly with unit teams (operations, engineering, inspection) to assist in ensuring safe and reliable operation where fixed equipment is involved. Additionally, the role provides support to inspection, turnarounds, and capital projects to ensure proper specification and lifecycle management of fixed equipment.
Responsibilities AND Accountabilities
- Holds responsibility as Fixed Equipment Technical Authority.
- Develop long term reliability plans for fixed equipment that are aligned with the site strategy.
- Provide input to the Site Technical Practices (STP) for fixed equipment.
- Primary source of higher-level technical guidance and design assurance for fixed equipment related projects.
- Support the development of maintenance repair procedures/practices related to fixed equipment and that the procedures are revised as required.
- Monitor fixed equipment performance and operation; identify opportunities for improvement and incorporate into long term reliability plans.
- Assist the Unit Maintenance Engineer (UME) with technical support for routine fixed equipment maintenance work as needed.
- Lead or assist the UME with root cause failure analysis for fixed equipment failures as needed.
- Assist the UME and Inspection with Turnaround (TAR) support for fixed equipment as needed.
- Work with UME to devise strategic implementation of reliability plans.
- Provide technical support for emergency/after-hours work that requires troubleshooting and scope definition as needed.
- Identify cost savings opportunities for fixed equipment that supports the site’s goals.
- Perform mechanical design and issue construction packages for fixed equipment repairs as necessary.
- Provide mechanical design review on the Front-End Loading stages of Fixed Equipment capital expenditure projects to ensure that final product meets the site’s standards.
- Identify turnaround scope and review TAR job plans for fixed equipment.
- Peer review and provide input on critical fixed equipment inspection plans and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in a mechanical engineering position.
- Minimum of 4 years in a fixed equipment engineering role.
- Manufacturing Plant experience is preferred.
Certifications/Licenses (List any required and preferred certifications/licenses)
Other Requirements (such as Travel, Location)
Must be at least 18 years of age; legally authorized to work in the United States; and not require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., TN, H1B status), now or in the future.
Must be able to fluently speak, write, and read English.
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.On our team, people are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real value for customers.