Regional Direct Spend Manager
Aurora, Illinois, United States
INEOS Styrolution America LLC
Our Company: INEOS Styrolution is a leading global styrenics supplier, with a focus on styrene monomer, polystyrene, Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene standard and styrenic specialties. Offering excellent production facilities, cutting-edge R&D centers, international reach, and over 90 years' experience pioneering real change through sustainable solutions, all while makeing the circular economy for styrenics a reality.
- Global leader in styrenics: No. 1 leader in styrenics with a focus on Styrene Monomer, Polystyrene, Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene Standard and Styrenic Specialties
- Employees: 3,600 worldwide
- Production sites: 20 manufacturing sites in 10 countries
- Customer base: Customers in 106 countries
- Sales: 4 billion EUR in 2020
The Position: Regional Direct Spend Manager - Procurement for the timely supply of monomers and raw materials at the lowest possible cost, right quality, right time.
- Level of education & knowledge:
- B.S. degree in Supply Chain Management, Economics, Business Administration or Natural Sciences
- Minimum 7 years of related Management and Procurement experience operating in a Global, multi-regional matrix organization
- Experience in general:
- Experience in leading a team of professional buyers
- Capability to motivate, guide and manage people
- Excellent budgeting skills
- Technical skills:
- Expertise in Procurement techniques, methods, processes and strategies
- Analytical skills
- Fluent in English - additional language skills advantageous
- Presentation skills
- Understanding of Procurement Best Practices
- Strong knowledge of SAP Procurement and material management
- Negotiation skills/advanced experience
- Understanding Chemical value chains
- Understanding of or experience in Regulatory and Trade compliance
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Manage a department of three RCBs to ensure and work and issues are addressed on a timely manner
- Ensure Purchase orders are issued for raw materials on a timely basis
- Ensure invoices are paid on a timely basis to avoid credit hold with suppliers
- Suppliers maintenance for pricing, availability, quality, delivery performance
- Coordinate with finance and other functions to resolve costing issues
- Generate Contract Review and Approval Forms (CRAFs) and SAP Outline Agreements (OLAs) as required to receive approvals for supply of raw materials
- Coordinate and assist Planners with daily issues related to product availability, quality
- Work with Trade compliance group on work related to import of materials
- Work with Regulatory group on providing material related regulatory documents
- Work with Regional Development Center group in sourcing trial materials, TDS, SDS and assist in the preparation of an MOC required for approving a raw material
- Drive supplier management and escalation level and quality gate in terms of supplier issues
- Project work relating to IT or process improvements in procurement; i.e. Digitalization, SRM, S2S, Sustainability.
- Contribute and steer team to create value add and bottom line impact for INEOS Styrolution such as cost savings, risk reduction, increased competitiveness more efficient processes, supplier innovation.
- Direct lines of communication with senior management and leadership (Directors and Vice Presidents)
- Maintain a good understanding of market trends and supplier developments in the Chemical and associated building blocks industries.
- Regional product stewardship requirements in the region
- Support Eco/Sustainable product brand projects and developments
- Conduct in-person supplier audits at their production facilities as required
- Manage, review and control the Regional non-conformance/SCAR process
The Location: This opportunity is located in Aurora, only 15 minutes from Naperville.
Why Should You Apply?
- Competitive salaries, performance-related pay and bonuses.
- Comprehensive benefits package with low premiums including health, short term disability, life and accidental death insurance plans
- 401K with company match + contributions
- Fitness and tuition reimbursement
- Flexible work environment
- Career development and progression
We are INEOS Styrolution because:
- We provide equal employement opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, maritial status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status.
- We are committed to the safety and personal wellness of all our employees
- We recognize success and reward achievements
- We support employees who are passionate about success and motivated.
- We offer a positive learning environment and encourage the sharing of best practices
- We produce materials that are necessary for our daily lives
- We contribute to the communities in which we operate and donate to organizations our employees care about
- We foster teamwork and safe, positive working environments
We are excited to hear from you and to share more about our organization.
All the best,
The INEOS Styrolution Talent Team
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application