INEOS US CHEMICALS COMPANY
Interested in joining a winning team? A team whose employees share in the ownership of the business and are empowered to make a difference?
From soft drink bottles to packaging trays, from clothing to carpet, INEOS Aromatics makes the chemicals used to produce many of the things we use in our daily lives.
Our main products include paraxylene (PX) and purified terephthalic acid (PTA). PTA is a raw material used in the manufacture of polyesters used to make fibers, textiles, film, and polyethylene terephthalate (PET) bottles. PX is a feedstock for PTA production. We also produce metaxylene, a feedstock for PX production.
We are comprised of a diverse team of engineers, scientists and business professionals dedicated to discovering practices to confront some of the world’s biggest issues. We are looking for people who can contribute to our passion for reinvention, have a collaborative spirit and challenge our thinking in our ambition to achieve net zero.
We care about how we deliver these essential products to the world. Above everything, the safety, reliability and excellence in our operations is fundamental to our success.
Our sites and offices can be found around the world, in the United States, United Kingdom, China, Belgium, Indonesia and Taiwan.
Job Title: Recruiter/HR Generalist
Oversee strategic Human Resources programs and policies/procedures in the areas of
recruiting, HR policies and procedures, salary administration and compensation, benefits, performance management, employee relations, organizational design, and employee/leadership development. The incumbent provides Human Resources expertise to support the achievement of site strategy and goals. Advises management and employees in Human Resources matters and ensures compliance with company policy and applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Advise management and employees in Employee Relations and Human Resources matters and ensure compliance with company policy and applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Manage complex employee relations cases, driving robust and fair process
- Assists in the development and implementation of Human Resources policies and procedures, and maintains and reviews them, as necessary.
- Assists in the administration of compensation and performance management programs.
- Supports in employee training develop programs and initiatives.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding employment matters.
- Supports regional and global INEOS Aromatics HR initiatives.
- Identify, create and foster opportunities to create a positive, dynamic culture where employees have an opportunity to contribute and grow professionally.
- May perform other related duties as required or assigned.
- Develops, facilitates, and implements all phases of the recruitment process.
- Collaborates with department managers to identify and draft detailed and accurate job descriptions and hiring criteria.
- Identifies and implements efficient and effective recruiting methods and strategies based on the available role, industry standards, and the needs of the organization.
- Assists with job posting and advertisement processes (primarily LinkedIn)
- Screens applications and selects qualified candidates.
- Schedules interviews; oversees preparation of interview questions and other hiring and selection materials.
- Assists with the interview process, attending and conducting interviews with managers, directors, and other stakeholders.
- Collaborates with the hiring manager and/or other human resource staff during the offer process, identifying and recommending salary ranges, incentives, start dates, and other pertinent details.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and company policies.
- Attends and participates in college job fairs and recruiting sessions.
Skills & Knowledge Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Human Resources is preferred
- A minimum of 7 years of HR experience is preferred.
- Certification in Human Resources is a plus.
- Working knowledge of applicable federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations (i.e. FLSA, FMLA, EEO, ADA).
- Familiarity with Human Resources policies/procedures and systems (Workday preferred)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and proven ability to communicate with all levels of the company.
- Numeracy & analytical thinking – able to quickly and effectively analyze data to provide insights (talent, reward, performance) and assimilate data and information from a range of sources to inform business insights.
- Solution focus – seeks to identify solutions which will add value to client and/or enhance relationships and ways of working.
- Stakeholder management – Ability to build and maintain relationships with key business and HR stakeholders. Developing partnering, basic consultancy skills and a ‘coach approach’ to build trust. Is building and applying skills in active listening, influencing and communication.
Safety remains and always will be our number one priority in INEOS. Our US locations now require all new hires to provide one of the following as a condition of employment:
• Proof of Covid-19 vaccination, or
• Willingness to obtain the vaccine before hire date (under this option, proof of vaccination is a condition to any offer of employment and must be provided prior to commencement of employment), or
• Validation of your religious or medical exemption
If you are selected for a position in the United States, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test(and alcohol screening/medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process.
INEOS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other prohibited ground of discrimination.
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.On our team, people are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real value for customers.