INEOS Composites US LLC
As a Quality Control Lab Technician at our Fort Smith facility, you will use analytical equipment to test products at specified stages of the production process for a variety of properties such as performance, appearance, and other physical and chemical characteristics while ensuring safe, efficient, on-time production in accordance with the production schedule, customer, regulatory, quality and company requirements.
All new hires will be required to become fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their first day of employment unless they are entitled to a reasonable accommodation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (include but not limited to)
- Record test data, applying statistical quality control procedures.
- Make batch adjustment determinations through product analysis using standardized procedures and methods.
- Recommend product formulation modifications based on historical or test data.
- Evaluate products in association with customer or departmental incidents.
- Participate in the determination of corrective and preventive actions in continuous improvement programs.
- Solve problems involving several concrete variables in mostly standardized situations and defined problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ensure safe and quality production using safe laboratory practices.
- Participate in weekly tailgate meetings to facilitate open lines of communications in all aspects of the laboratory with an emphasis in safety.
- Ensure that the work environment is clean and safe.
- Follow all safety requirements.
- Comply with all policies and procedures including OSHA, DOT, environmental regulations, INEOS policies and federal/state/local regulations.
- Maintain appropriate documentation and records.
- Meet both internal and external customer needs and requirements
- Continually improve department safety and efficiencies.
- Meet performance goals and deadlines that target strategic company and plant level visions.
- Be involved in teams focused on safety, efficiency, and quality improvements.
- Communicate with and assist other departments as needed.
- Perform handling and storage of hazardous waste properly and responsibly, while being trained in emergency procedures in the event of a hazardous spill during storage or transportation. Have knowledge of labeling containers for use with hazardous waste materials.
- Complete introductory and annual training in RCRA, HAZCOM, SPCCC, Incipient Fire Fighting, TSCA and other training as required.
- Limited travel requirements.
Level of Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from an accredited college or technical school in a scientific discipline; or high school diploma with five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Have a good understanding and practical experience of batch processing.
- Experience working in a laboratory that handles hazardous materials.
- Quality Control lab experience and/or training.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application