Project Manager (PAYE Contract)
Develop and deliver agreed engineering projects to meet HSE, schedule, cost and technical performance targets
This is an exciting time to join us at Grangemouth within the O&P UK Business (Hydrocarbons, Ethanol & Utilities). In order to develop and deliver our agreed projects we are currently recruiting for a contract Project Manager, accountable for managing projects of between £250k and £5m Total Installed Cost.
- Develop and deliver the implementation phase of projects to achieve HSE goals and sanctioned cost, time and technical performance commitments.
- Develop and deliver project execution plans which meet business objectives and agreed processes for design, contract management, purchasing, construction and commissioning.
- Responsible for project compliance with the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015.
- Challenge and develop project scopes and specifications which satisfy appropriate engineering standards.
- Develop project scope, cost estimate & schedule for every project prior to full sanction.
- Work within defined project controls to deliver management information necessary to achieve sanctioned cost and schedule commitments.
- Support project study teams to ensure robust scope, cost estimates, schedules and execution plans are delivered.
- Manages a multi-discipline project portfolio which may comprise several concurrent projects on the site.
- Ability to lead larger and / or more complex projects.
- Ability to interface effectively with site managers and business managers.
- Ability to identify and manage interfaces within the Project team, including engineering contractor teams.
- Interfaces with the construction, cost & estimating, planning, purchasing and study teams.
- Identifies and manages interfaces with Asset teams to secure support for project implementation.
- Ability to monitor, identify and manage uncertainty across own project portfolio.
- Challenges existing working practices and proposes improvements.
- Good decision making skills within all aspects of project management.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills
- Degree qualified or equivalent in an engineering discipline.
- Significant and relevant experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrable experience in a project management role.
- Strong knowledge of project processes and best practices.
- Experience in construction and commissioning.
- Working knowledge of the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015.
- Good understanding of change control
Please apply and submit your CV
This role has been found to be inside of IR35 legislation, therefore we are only able to consider applicants who are able to work under a PAYE agreement.
Internal candidates should not apply through this system, please speak directly to your Line Manager