INEOS NITRILES USA LLC
Interested in joining a winning team? A team whose employees share in the ownership of the business and are empowered to make a difference?
Organizational context and job purpose
INEOS Nitriles is a global chemicals business with sales volume of 1200 kte and revenue in excess of $2.4 billion. The Nitriles business has 2 manufacturing operations in the US and 2 in Europe along with offices and headquarters in Rolle, Switzerland and Aurora, Illinois near Chicago. The Nitriles Business primary products include acrylonitrile, hydrogen cyanide, and acetonitrile. Additionally, Nitriles also has a Plant that produces catalyst for internal use at the Lima Site, globally within Ineos, and for other Acrylonitrile producers. The INEOS Nitriles Plant at Lima is part of an industrial campus which includes a refinery and chemical complex. INEOS share services, utilities, products, and feedstocks with four adjacent manufacturing facilities: Nutrien (ammonia, urea, nitric acid), Fort Amanda Specialties (chelates), Ashland (1,4-butanediol), and Cenovus Refining (propylene, fuels and refined oil products).
This role manages the day-to-day execution of projects by ensuring compliance to safe practices and project scope. This person has expertise to resolve project issues, and the ability to escalate to the Project Manager when needed. Acting as the first point of contact and the interface to Operations, facilitates work accomplishment.
The Total Quality Management System shall be incorporated into all job activities. All job activities should be executed in a safe and efficient manner consistent with the INEOS 20 Principles.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Promotes and enforces INEOS 20 Principals and Global Life Saving Rules and ensures contractor compliance.
- Optimize the field execution of the project by providing guidance as part of the project team.
- Responsible for the safe day-to-day field installation of projects.
- Ensure projects maintain timeline and budget.
- Champion safe work practices among his/her work group and contractors.
- Account for all aspects of project performance including schedule, cost, operation, reliability and close out.
- Ensure projects comply with applicable government and company regulations, policies and standards.
- Interface with other plant departments to share project design, priority and status information.
- Work with the Procurement department to procure materials and services as required, including the Storehouse Manager for parts associated with assigned projects.
- Participates in the MOC process.
- Works as a job representative for outside contractors working in the plant.
- Keeps Project Manager updated on status
- May serve as project manager from concept to execution on smaller projects.
- Participate and assist as needed during plant outages and turnarounds. This may include longer hours or alternate shifts.
- Participates in audits, inspections and interviews, including BBS, housekeeping, 20 Principles, etc.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
In compliance with INEOS COVID protocols, you must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past your last dose of COVID vaccine) prior to your start date.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in construction management or project management in an industrial setting, preferably refining or petrochemical industry.
- Strong communication and team leadership skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong commitment to achievement of excellent SHE performance
- Strong planning and organizational ability
- Technical awareness of unit operations and maintenance issues
- Proactive problem solving, decision making and conflict management
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work with diverse groups in sometimes tense situations to gain consensus and a clear path forward
- Ability to initiate and drive change, flexibility
- Previous experience with project scope definition and work package generation
- Previous experience in field project management and project scheduling
- Previous experience in construction/maintenance
- Previous experience with the oversite and management of contract workforce
Target Salary Range: $90,600 – 95,400
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.On our team, people are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real value for customers.