Interested in joining a winning team? A team whose employees share in the ownership of the business and are empowered to make a difference?
From soft drink bottles to packaging trays, from clothing to carpet, INEOS Aromatics makes the chemicals used to produce many of the things we use in our daily lives.
Our main products include paraxylene (PX) and purified terephthalic acid (PTA). PTA is a raw material used in the manufacture of polyesters used to make fibers, textiles, film, and polyethylene terephthalate (PET) bottles. PX is a feedstock for PTA production. We also produce meta xylene, a feedstock for PX production.
We are comprised of a diverse team of engineers, scientists and business professionals dedicated to discovering practices to confront some of the world’s biggest issues. We are looking for people who can contribute to our passion for reinvention, have a collaborative spirit and challenge our thinking in our ambition to achieve net zero.
We care about how we deliver these essential products to the world. Above everything, the safety, reliability, and excellence in our operations is fundamental to our success.
Our sites and offices can be found around the world, in the United States, United Kingdom, China, Belgium, Indonesia and Taiwan.
In return for your excellent skills and abilities, we offer a competitive benefits package including health, dental & vision insurance, 401K match (up to 9%), STD/LTD, paid dependent care days, Life Insurance/Accidental Death and Dismemberment, 9 paid holidays, 2 personal days and paid vacation.
COMPENSATION GRADE: H34
This position is responsible for project management of small to mid-size projects (capital and expense) following INEOS’s Front End Loading (FEL 1, 2 and 3), execute and operate stages ensuring delivery within agreed safety, quality, schedule and budget performance targets.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Manage all aspects of small to mid-size projects including safety, quality, schedule, budget, permitting, acceptance testing, construction, change management, capital spares, start-up/commissioning and adherence to INEOS’s stage gate approval process.
- Lead the project core team, who represents the asset teams of operations, process controls, maintenance, inspection, process and reliability engineering and SHE (safety/health/environment).
- Develop project execution plans and decision support packages for each stage gate.
- FEL1/2 stages - lead the core team with statement of requirements, project scope development, basis of design, options, economic cost analysis and risks/mitigations.
- FEL3 & execute stages - lead the core team and engineering contractors with detail engineering, procurement, construction and commissioning.
- Operate stage - support Operations during start-up and the initial operational period with troubleshooting and corrective actions.
- Design projects in compliance with INEOS engineering standards, specifications and relevant industry codes.
- Work closely with the operations, facilities, and process engineering groups to ensure proper installation and handover of the project.
- Ensure project changes are appropriately defined, reviewed, approved, implemented and closed out in accordance with applicable procedures and standards.
- Manage the project budget to ensure all required approvals are obtained. Ensure financial risks and opportunities are managed and communicated. Provide forecasts in a timely manner.
- Work closely with the Turnaround team for any projects delivered during the turnaround.
- Uphold INEOS commitment to health, safety, and security.
- Compliance with and promotion of different behavioral and process safety initiatives and measures – supporting 20 INEOS SHE Principles, IGGN’s, SHE KPI’s, risk assessments, etc. These initiatives are reviewed on yearly appraisals.
Skills & Knowledge Required:
- Proven ability in leadership of cross functional organizations
- 10+ years experience in petrochemicals manufacturing or refining
- 10+ years project engineering/management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Minimum 5-7 years engineering and project management experience in the petrochemicals industry
- Experience working with engineering design firms
- Experience with oversight and collaborating with EPC (Engineering/Procurement/Construction) firms
- Experience with construction management in a TAR environment
- Technical skills – Mechanical Engineering, Project Engineering, Process Engineering, etc.
- Strong budgeting and cost control skills
- Demonstrated technical capability to assess vendor quotes
- Demonstrated capabilities to assess work sequencing, optimize project planning and scheduling
- Experience with estimating and scheduling tools
- Capability to assess impact of specifications and standards for both rotating and fixed equipment on reliability and maintainability of production unit
If you are selected for a position in the United States, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and alcohol screening/medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process.
Safety remains and always will be our number one priority in INEOS. Our US locations now require all new hires to provide one of the following as a condition of employment:
• Proof of Covid-19 vaccination, or
• Willingness to obtain the vaccine before hire date (under this option, proof of vaccination is a condition to any offer of employment and must be provided prior to commencement of employment), or
• Validation of your religious or medical exemption
INEOS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other prohibited ground of discrimination.
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.On our team, people are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real value for customers.