DCS & Systems Project Engineer
PAYE contract role
Are you IN?
A truly global company, INEOS is one of the world’s largest chemical companies.
The ethylene cracker at our INEOS O&P business in Grangemouth has a substantial program of projects underway with significant Automation and Control content
A Project Engineer with DCS and Systems expertise is required to join the team to support this major investment program.
Provide DCS and Systems discipline support to projects to assure delivery is timely, compliant with project requirements, asset expectations, statutory requirements and site standards and procedures.
- Liaise with the site DCS & Systems teams to ensure a project’s design and implementations proposals are supported
- Advise projects on DCS & Systems engineering standards, procedures and practices. Sustain an up-to-date knowledge of all relevant standards and act as the project discipline lead.
- Lead the coordination for the delivery of a project between the Project and the O&P DCS & Systems team, the main Engineering contractor, DCS & Systems vendors and installation contractors
- Challenge and develop project DCS & Systems scopes and specifications to meet the project objectives and to optimise compliance with technical standards
- Develop and implement DCS & Systems execution plans to support the delivery of the overall project
- Develop and deliver plans for FATs / SATs and commissioning of the DCS & Systems aspects of projects
- Provide support to identify and develop mitigation plans for DCS & Systems project risk
- Provide support to facilitate solutions to discipline technical challenges that arise on a project
- Projects are generally multi-disciplinary projects and part of a large program
- Working in a matrix management environment with many interfaces to third parties including designers, vendors and constructors
- Delivery within a complex operational and maintenance environment
- Demanding HSE, quality, schedule and cost targets
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills
- Degree qualified or equivalent in an engineering discipline.
- Significant experience with DCS and Systems essential, in depth understanding of BS EN 61511 strongly preferred
- Experienced project engineer with good decision making skills
- Able to build relationships and communicate effectively at all levels within INEOS and with suppliers / contracting partners
- Significant experience working across the full project lifecycle, within a manufacturing environment
- Good knowledge of project processes and the regulatory framework for the delivery of engineering projects
- Good understanding of risk management
How to Apply
Please apply and submit your CV
NB: This role has been found to be inside of IR35 legislation, therefore we are only able to consider applicants who are able to work under a PAYE agreement
Internal candidates should not apply through this system, please speak directly to your Line Manager
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application