Interested in joining a winning team? A team whose employees share in the ownership of the business and are empowered to make a difference?
and Job Purpose
INEOS is a rapidly growing manufacturer of petrochemicals, specialty and intermediate chemicals and polymers. Formed in 1998, the company has grown to 67 manufacturing facilities in 16 countries throughout the world with approximately 17,000 employees. INEOS’s annual sales are around $40bn making it one of the largest chemical companies in the world.
INEOS Nitriles consists of a portfolio of products that include Acrylonitrile, Acetonitrile, Hydrogen Cyanide and Acetone Cyanohydrin. From a market perspective, Nitriles is seen as a market, technology and product stewardship leader for these products. To serve our customers, INEOS Nitriles has manufacturing facilities in the United Kingdom, Germany, and the United States (Ohio and Texas).
The INEOS Nitriles Green Lake Plant is looking for a Process Technician at our Green Lake, Texas Plant.
This position entails working rotating 12-hour shifts, including overtime, weekends, and holidays in the plant operations area. This position is a member of the plant Emergency Response Team and subject to call 24 hours/day 7 days/week for emergencies (hazardous chemical, personnel rescue and/or fire response).
All job activities carried out by the Production Technician shall be executed in a safe and efficient manner consistent with the INEOS 20 Principles and the Culture of Prevention.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Control unit equipment or systems that process chemical substances into specified products, according to established operating procedures, laboratory test results, and process instrumentation.
- Observe and compile data from either field instruments or from a distributive control system to control numerous temperatures, pressures, levels and flows through the process to control the operation within specified safe and productive limits
- Perform laboratory testing on process streams using various types of equipment to determine process status.
- High School diploma required.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as Production Technician in a chemical manufacturing plant
- Must have a history of high job performance.
- Strong interpersonal skills and strong written and oral communication skills.
- Mechanical aptitude
- Strong sense of team work and excellent work ethic
- Ability to perform duties and climb stairs while wearing 35 lb Self Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA), Fire Bunker Gear or fully enclosed Hazardous Chemical Suit for 30 minutes at a time.
- Ability to climb fixed vertical ladder cages at heights up to 30 ft. To a total of 200 ft. (Ladder cages provide rest stop every 30 ft.)
- Ability to climb 6 flights of stairs carrying a weighted object, i.e. Fire Extinguisher. Ability to open/close large valves. Ability to enter enclosed spaces through 24” man-way, for rescue and permitting purposes.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. or rescue a person while wearing necessary PPE.
- Able to pull approximate 100 lbs., as a part of Emergency Rescue.
- Ability to wear required personal protective equipment: hard hat, safety glasses, chemical goggles, faces shield, rigid safety shoes/boots, full/half face cartridge masks.
- Ability to perform Emergency Response Duties.
- Ability to safely work with hazardous chemicals according to facility policies and procedures.
- Must be able to work outdoors/inclement weather
- Job specific: Climbing, balance, stoop/bend, kneel, squat, crouch, crawl, lift, carry, endurance, push/pulling.
- Must be able to tolerate confined spaces and work at heights. Operate emergency response vehicles. Ambulance, fire truck, response van. Automatic/standard transmission.
- Need to evaluate understanding of proper lifting techniques and body mechanics.
- Must possess valid driver’s license to operate emergency equipment, i.e. ambulance/fire truck
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.On our team, people are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real value for customers.