SUCCEED IN OUR
INEOS Styrolution is the leading global styrenics supplier, with a focus on styrene monomer, polystyrene, ABS Standard and styrenic specialties. With world-class production facilities and more than 90 years of experience, INEOS Styrolution helps its customers succeed by offering innovative and sustainable best-in-class solutions, designed to give them a competitive edge in their markets, and at the same time, help make the circular economy for styrenics a reality. The company provides styrenic applications for many everyday products across a broad range of industries, including automotive, electronics, household, construction, healthcare, packaging and toys/sports/leisure. In 2019, sales were at 5 billion euros. INEOS Styrolution employs approximately 3,600 people and operates 20 production sites in ten countries.
A. Purpose /Role of the job /: Describe in 1 phrase what contribution the job is expected to make to the organisation’s objectives
- Lead the team to achieve operational excellence through Production activity with targeted quantity and quality adhering to all SHE standards,
- Process optimization & best global practice transfer between sites (Utility consumption, yield, efficiency).
- Substitute for Plant Manager in his absence to keep all processes delivering the expected performance.
B. Environment/Context/Complexity of the job: Describe the most important internal and external factors influencing the job
Internal: Compliance with quality standard ISO-9001 and adherence to Environment Management System (ISO -14001:2004)
Knowledge of certification and compliance of Energy standard ISO-50001 for efficient use of energy.
Strictly meeting conditions of “Consent to Operate” set by GPCB/MOEF
External: Support Factory Manager in meeting all the statutory requirements of law/regulations, liaison with Statutory Authorities, Factory Inspectorate, GPCB, Ministry of Labour, Law enforcing authority, Disaster Management group, neighboring industry.
C. Responsibilities/ Accountabilities of the job: Describe the main results expected from the job
- Key Result Areas: Incident free operations, Adherence to INEOS Styrolution SHE guideline, Compliance with local regulations.
- Ensure regular safety training at site for employees, contractors and visitors on
- Safety rules and guidelines
- Operating procedures
- Incident sharing and learning
- Permit to work and Risk Assessment etc.
- To develop safety culture at site and drive for incident free operation.
- To prepare annual SHE improvement plan for the site.
- To meet SHE KPIs and Targets set by management from time to time.
- Drive Behavior Based Safety program at site.
- Organize training at site to take BBSO to next level of reporting – shop floor level and contractors
- Act as head of Site SHE committee to resolve safety issues and drive SHE performance.
- To ensure all incidents including Near Miss at site are reported, investigated and action items are tracked to closure.
- Drive use of KMS for incident reporting and investigation, MOC, action item tracking
- Ensure SHE related action items from audits, plant walkthroughs etc are tracked to closure.
- As an Asset Manager for Nandesari, responsible for the overall integrity of the site.
- Accountable for INEOS Styrolution Asset Care program.
- Assign responsibility to respective engineers for maintaining the asset and integrity of the protective system.
- Ensure site procedures are aligned with INEOS Group Guidance Notes (IGGNs).
- Accountable for,
- Cascading INEOS 20 principles at site through site rules and procedures.
- Implementation of Life Saving Rules at site.
- Safety of employees, Contractors and Visitors at site
- Following Permit to work as per the site procedure.
- Following Management of Change as per the site procedure
- Responsible for
- Conducting HAZOPs at site as per procedure
- Track action items from HAZOP to closure.
- Ensure compliance to legal regulations.
- Operation of waste water treatment plant and other air and water treatment facilities in line with the permit requirements.
- Adherence to site licenses and permits.
- Responsible to promote INEOS Styrolution Sustainability program at site.
Zero incident/accident in the plant.
- Key Result Areas: Production Plan and Control
- Communicate the plan and manage people to achieve production targets and objectives at different stages of process -- ensuring SHE compliance.
- Support Plant Manager in ensuring production of different grades meeting stringent quality standards as per sales forecast.
- Track and optimize transitions to reduce downtime and scrap/waste materials.
- Plan and implement startup & shut down activities of the plants including shut down maintenance activities to ensure smooth operation of the plant in alignment with sales requirements. Review and update the procedures on a regular basis on the learnings of each startup/shutdown.
Production volume as per S&OP requirement and improved yield.
- Key Result Areas: Control abnormal situations
- Prepare the team to handle emergencies and critical situations in terms of process and chemical hazards through tabletop discussions and simulated situations.
- Be aware and be prepared to handle contingencies.
- Plan the backup option and ensure all required safety and back up devices and systems are readily available and functioning well in good condition.
Team prepared to handle onsite or offsite emergencies – calm & prepared in a crisis situation.
- Key Result Areas: Monitor and continuous improvement of process in alignment with GTO and R&D
- Identify areas of improvement in process engineering, utility management and effluent generation/treatment.
- Develop and complete GOM plus templates capturing the opportunities and actual savings/improvements obtained.
- Identify and capture in GOM plus improvements to sustainability (water, air, fuel, etc.)
Continuous improvement in various areas of manufacturing process and utilities.
- Key Result Areas: Plant Performance
- Controlling/Achieving target of KPI Report, material balance, specific consumption of RM and Utilities, SAP. Make sure that all safety and quality procedures and instructions are implemented in the department – through training, records of training, and in plant observations of activities.
- Maintain harmonious industrial relations within his Department.
- Preparation of Production & KPI reports.
- Planning & Coordination with global & local SAP teams & consultants, Service desk team, Regional coordinators to ensure plant information is flowing well and up to date, reflecting true operations.
Improvement on plant performance (Reliability and Availability).
- Key Result Areas: Lead role for QMS – Production and various audit compliance
- Track compliance with Styrolution India’s Quality Management System (QM – ISO 9001/14001) – Production .Timely execution and track of various audit compliance
- Documentation for ISO 9001 & 14001 & other safety & insurance audits.
Processes monitoring for continual improvement of performance and SHE compliance.
D. Dimensions: Describe the most representative figures of the job (for example: number of staff, budget you’re responsible for, number of projects, ..)
Number or amount in €
Nandesari Production (Rubber & Compounding)
27 KT rubber and 14KT Compounded product
Total personnel on site under Production Manager
Supervision of staff: Give the number of people you supervise (“Direct” means that they report directly to you, “Indirect” means they report to someone who reports to you.)
E. Main contacts /Interfaces: What are the internal en external contacts you have, necessary for reaching your results?
Frequency of contacts
My role in those contacts 
Purpose of contacts
On daily basis
On daily basis
Quality of product
On daily basis
R, A, C, I
R, C, I
For projects at site
R, C, I
Raw material & production planning, procurement, logistics and dispatch.
R, C, I
Govt. offices like DISH,GPCB,GIDC
R, C, I
Coordination in audit
F. Required profile:
Level of education & Knowledge:
- Bachelor of Engineering from reputed institute (prefer Chem. or Polymer)
Experience in general:
- Min. 12-15 years of work experience in chemical or similar industries
- Thorough knowledge of Continuous and Batch processes, DCS Operations, HAZOP, P&ID study, IMS documents
Competencies, Behavioral skills: (acc. to competency profile and required level of descriptions)
- Safety mindset for self and others
- Leadership and coaching skills
- Team player and learning attitude
- Effective Communication : Good written and oral communication skills
- People Management
Legal Training requirements:
- No Legal trainings required for this position.
- Must be able to climb ladders and stairs
- Walking up to 8 hours
G. Performance indicators: Describe the criteria allowing to measure to what extent the results are achieved - related to the accountabilities
- Zero incident/accident in the plant.
- Production volume as per S&OP requirement and improved yield.
- Team prepared to handle onsite or offsite emergencies – calm & prepared in a crisis situation.
- Continuous improvement in various areas of manufacturing process and utilities.
- Improvement on plant performance (Reliability and Availability).
- Processes monitoring for continual improvement of performance and SHE compliance.
 R – Responsible for getting tasks done (in terms of practically doing things)
A – Accountable for the task (approver of costs)
C – Consulted for the task
I – Informed about the task
For more information please contact Ruchi Sharma
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application