Sarnia, Ontario, Canada
INEOS Styrolution Canada Ltd
Our Company: INEOS Styrolution is a leading global styrenics supplier, with a focus on styrene monomer, polystyrene, Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene standard and styrenic specialties. Offering excellent production facilities, cutting-edge R&D centers, international reach, and over 90 years' experience pioneering real change through sustainable solutions, all while makeing the circular economy for styrenics a reality.
- Global leader in styrenics: No. 1 leader in styrenics with a focus on Styrene Monomer, Polystyrene, Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene Standard and Styrenic Specialties
- Employees: 3,600 worldwide
- Production sites: 20 manufacturing sites in 10 countries
- Customer base: Customers in 106 countries
- Sales: 4 billion EUR in 2020
The Position: Production Engineer - As a member of the Operations team, provide day-to-day technical support to the EB/SM unit in order to fulfill productivity and product quality requirements and to ensure operation of the units in a safe and environmentally conscious manner.
• B.S. Degree in Chemical engineering
• Basic engineering knowledge and skills
• Knowledge of Health, Safety and Environmental quality issues
• Needs to be familiar with or show an aptitude to become familiar with chemical processes
• Needs to be results oriented
• Computer Skills Necessary for data analysis and computations
• Detailed knowledge of process equipment a plus
• Must possess an ability to read and understand engineering Process Flow Diagrams, Piping and Instrumentation drawings, and plot plans
• Troubleshooting and root cause analysis skills
• Aligned with Site Safety Practices
• Ability to build relationships
• Strong communication skill both written and verbal
• Process and procedures optimization, minor debottlenecking, and engineered troubleshooting studies within the production units – with an objective of reducing variable costs and support benchmarking
• Utilize technical background and troubleshooting techniques to improve process performance and product quality
• Operations-related accounting, including compiling and/or reviewing daily production reports, monthly production and raw materials reports, budget forecasting, and production schedule
• Assist the operations team as required to ensure production requirements are met
• Assist in the coordination, planning, documentation, and execution of shutdown work including maintenance and capital activities
• Develop and maintain operating envelopes
• Provide input on training of team members with regards to operations technology, plant experiences, plant record keeping, and safety
• Participate in, or conduct safety reviews to meet PSM requirements
• Conduct root cause analysis on process incidents and process induced mechanical failures and recommend corrective actions to permanently eliminate them
• Assist in the completion of audit/PSM/quality action items
• Plant reliability and variable cost improvements
The Location: This opportunity is located in Sarnia, Ontario, Canada.
Why Should You Apply?
- Competitive salaries, performance-related pay and bonuses.
- Comprehensive benefits package with Company paid premiums including health, short term disability, life and accidental death insurance plans
- Company Pension Plan company contributions
- Fitness and tuition reimbursement
- Flexible work environment
- Career development and progression
We are INEOS Styrolution because:
- We provide equal employement opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, maritial status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status.
- We are committed to the safety and personal wellness of all our employees
- We recognize success and reward achievements
- We support employees who are passionate about success and motivated.
- We offer a positive learning environment and encourage the sharing of best practices
- We produce materials that are necessary for our daily lives
- We contribute to the communities in which we operate and donate to organizations our employees care about
- We foster teamwork and safe, positive working environments
We are excited to hear from you and to share more about our organization.
All the best,
The INEOS Styrolution Talent Team
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application