Procurement Specialist Terminals & Marine Services
Competitive salary + benefits
INEOS is a global manufacturer of petrochemicals. It comprises 39 businesses; each with a major chemical company heritage. INEOS’s production network spans throughout the world, 183 sites across 31 countries, generating an annual turnover of around $65 billion.
INEOS Trading & Shipping (ITS) trades almost 10 million tonnes of physical feedstock every year enabling other businesses within INEOS; in particular four highly integrated and differentiated crackers of INEOS in Europe, to manufacture chemicals and polymers.
We have a growing shipping fleet under our control of 20 vessels, which includes the 27,500 cbm Dragon series of ships capable of transporting feedstock from the US to our cracker sites in Scotland and Norway. The shipping team transports more than 5 million tonnes of products per year for our businesses with around 2000 movements per year across seaborne and inland routes.
Accountability 1: External Storage Terminal Services Procurement
Procure European bulk storage capacity in third party Terminals for gas and liquid chemicals, aligned with ITS & O&P businesses requirements. Always ensuring INEOS Group safety and compliance standards. Third party terminal contracts currently being operated include 4 European gas & liquid chemical terminals and two US gas terminals. The role includes managing the day to day activities of these contracts, including cost management, safety & compliance, payment validation and dispute resolution.
Accountability 2: Marine Services Procurement
Procure offsite surveyors, ship-to-ship service providers and documentation (customs services), ship & port agency agreements as required, which are always aligned to INEOS Group & compliance safety standards. The contracts negotiated will be both spot and term deals. The role includes managing the day to day activities of these contracts, including cost management, technical evaluation, safety & compliance, payment validation and dispute resolution.
Accountability 3: Settlements Management
Manage the settlements process for the marine, storage and surveyor contract portfolio. Liaise with Financial Operations and the Grangemouth accounting team (accounts payable / receivable / treasury) to ensure payments and receipts are processed in a timely manner.
Accountability 4: Business Performance
Collate and analyse data for the monthly Trading & Shipping KPI reports and provide senior managers with the latest view on costs and forecasts for the year. Develop and maintain a database of European third party storage providers. Provide high quality market knowledge analysis and alert senior managers to potential deviations from strategic objectives for these procurement areas.
Accountability 5: Business Partnering
Be the single point of contact for other INEOS businesses for external terminal services. Work with and support the other INEOS businesses by analysing and negotiating term and spot procurement deals and providing recommendations and ad-hoc support to deliver business targets.
Accountability 6: Project and Team support
Provide expertise for Terminal input to ITS and O&P projects as required. Develop knowledge in the chartering area to provide cover for the Team.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills
- Degree level of education or at least 5 years of experience in relevant Terminal operations or Supply Chain role.
- Working knowledge of Olefins products and logistics operations (especially in terms of transportation and safety requirements).
- Competent level of contract knowledge with proven negotiation skills.
- Engineering or process knowledge preferred.
- System knowledge and experience – SAP, Qlikview, Microsoft.
- Ability to work productively when under pressure, meet tight deadlines and multi-task.
- Adapt to any unforeseen change or challenge the team may face with a positive and ‘can do’ attitude.
- Good interpersonal, communication and people management skills.
- Ability to present and defend an argument in a logical way & resolve any disputes.
- Strive for continuous improvement.
- Energetic, enthusiastic, team player but self-motivated.
- Build credibility with senior managers.
- International outlook with interest in the subject to keep abreast of developments in these areas.
- Ability to prioritise and show a flexible work attitude.
- Business travel requirement, approx. 30%.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and CV by clicking 'Apply'