INEOS Oligomers USA LLC
Organizational context and Job Purpose
INEOS is a global manufacturer of petrochemicals, speciality chemicals and oil products. Comprising 36 individual businesses, we operate 194 facilities in 29 countries throughout the world.
INEOS products make a significant contribution to saving life, improving health and enhancing standards of living for people around the world. Our businesses produce the raw materials that are essential in the manufacture of a wide variety of goods: from paints to plastics, textiles to technology, medicines to mobile phones - chemicals manufactured by INEOS enhance almost every aspect of modern life.
Purpose of the job:
The Procurement Specialist – Logistics Services role is chartered to deliver positive results to the business, and its stakeholders, by contributing to the definition and implementation of logistics procurement strategies, in line with the strategic direction of the function, for all logistics services required by Oligomers in North America (off-site storage, handlings, transports and associated activities) in order to ensure safe and reliable deliveries to our Customers, and to support production optimization. This role will adhere to and promote Company policy while conducting internal and external business practices with integrity, honesty and in accordance with the highest standards of business ethics. This position reports to the North American Procurement Manager.
Ineos Oligomers manufactures approximately 800kTa of liquid chemicals that are produced at three different manufacturing locations in North America. The supply chain for these products requires a wide-range of logistics services for storage, handling and transporting to our end-customers /tollers and/or export markets.
Our products are shipped by various modes of transportation: container drums, ibc, road bulk tank trucks, rail tank cars, iso tanks, barges, and compartmented parcel deep sea vessels. Handling of our products require specific care to ensure a safe logistics process, as well as maintaining specified product quality. Therefore, our logistics process is a key element of the Ineos Oligomers supply chain.
Key External Influences:
- Logistics suppliers being ship owners (ocean vessel and river barge), freight forwarders, container shipping, road transport, rail transport, storage and terminals, packaging manufacturers.
- Logistics market and labour market
- Global market changes – commercial challenges
- Product supply and supply chain disruptions
- External procurement networks
- Customer’s logistics needs
- International legal, commercial, QSHE and regulatory rules must be understood and adhered to
Key Internal Influences:
- This role is responsible for working with logistics operations, sites logistics, site procurement, commercial team, and market managers
- Compliance to all procedures and policies (Company, Procurement, DOA)
- Safety performance
- Establishment of adequate contract terms and conditions with Supplier
- Adequate scope of work to support contract creation
Responsibilities AND Accountabilities
Responsible for all logistics procurement activities in North America:
- La Porte, Texas (manufacturing site)
- Alvin, Texas (manufacturing site)
- Joffre, Canada (manufacturing site)
- League City, Texas (corporate office)
- Tolling sites (Monument…)
- Contribute to the development and implementation of logistics procurement strategy that results in contracts that achieve the identified needs
- Ensure alignment with critical interfaces (Supply Chain, SHE, Production Planning, Operations, Plant Logistics, Business, FC&A) to meet operating plan for business; including commitment to customers
- Develop commercially advantaged contracts that are market informed and align with business needs. (Screening, negotiation, contract follow up and KPI monitoring, define and lead corrective actions, ….)
- Proactively and continually seek and develop new and competitive sources of supply
- Develop and maintain deep knowledge of supplier markets (strategies, options, cost, etc.)
- Identify and coordinate/partner with other INEOS businesses in and outside the region to leverage volume, reduce cost and capitalize on synergies
- Work with internal customers and suppliers to identify and execute opportunities to reduce Working Capital
- Ensure Ethics and compliance (Oligomers procurement “golden rules”; applicable laws and regulations; ….)
- Develop a clear view of the pricing development through a detailed understanding of short-term market fundamentals and regularly inform the business of how this might affect logistics costs and seek commercial advantage on this basis.
- Ensure procurement practices and procedures are properly implemented including but not limited to supply management strategy including spend management, demand management, category strategy and supplier evaluation, contract and cost management and procure to pay process
- Responsible for developing positive long-term valued supplier relationships while optimizing the supply base
- Accountable for delivering cost savings/avoidances through effective contract negotiation, strategic sourcing process utilization, and contract leakage control
- Ensure supplier management is in place and actively managed
- Create quality-based contracts that eliminate risks/liabilities and adhere to procurement policies and procedures
- Participate in Oligomers global logistics optimisation development plan together with commercial team
Skills & Knowledge Required
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent years of experience required
- Requires a minimum of 10 years of experience
- Experience in positions requiring knowledge of logistics, procurement, & supply chain. Business or technical positions are preferred.
- Experience in a petrochemical, refining, and/or manufacturing environment
- Experience with SAP Materials Management module
- Extensive logistics experience/knowledge strongly preferred
- CSCP (Certified Supply Chain Professional) certification preferred
- Knowledge of skills and successful experience with procurement processes including:
- Contract Development, Negotiation, Execution and Administration
- Supplier Selection and Evaluation
- Supplier Performance Management
- Strategic Sourcing Process
- Risk Management
- Market Research
- Aspects of Contract and Trade Law
- Demonstrate an advanced understanding of SAP. Must be able to perform procurement tasks and extract data from SAP for analysis, problem solving and decision making.
- Basic understanding of economics and finance processes and methodology
- Basic understanding of Six Sigma processes and methodology.
- Broad commercial experience background preferred in areas such as supply chain, manufacturing, logistics, procurement, and supply chain.
- Ability to understand specific aspects of chemical handling.
- Ability to effectively lead cross functional teams. Gaining commitment and mobilizing people to act.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to apply them to purchasing decisions to increase value, considering both short- and long-term objectives.
- Must be able to effectively handle many competing priorities and ambiguous situations with limited supervision.
- Experience in positions mastering knowledge of business processes relating to logistics, procurement, and materials management.
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft products – Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Good presentation skills.
- Business Ethics - conduct all business activities and actions with integrity, honesty and in accordance with the highest standards of business ethics.
- Communication - excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization.
- Customer Orientation – Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Results Orientation – focus on end results in all actions and decisions.
- Problem Solving/Decision Making/Analytical Skills – assessing a situation/problem using analytical, conceptual, critical, and creative thinking.
- Initiative – acting with minimal direction, seek opportunities to improve the business results.
- Teamwork – foster collaboration and cooperation amongst team members
- Adaptability – able to manage competing priorities and the agility to change to direction as needed
ADA Physical requirements, visual acuity requirements and environmental conditions
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and perform tasks requiring repetitive use of hands. The employee must occasionally walk, stand and travel by car, airplane or other means. Exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Employee must have the ability to see written documents, computer screens and to adjust focus.
Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication and to make discriminations in sound.
Work Environment: This job is performed mainly in a temperature controlled office environment.
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.On our team, people are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real value for customers.
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application