INEOS Oligomers USA LLC
Organizational Context and Job Purpose
INEOS is a global manufacturer of petrochemicals, speciality chemicals and oil products. Comprising 36 individual businesses, we operate 194 facilities in 29 countries throughout the world.
INEOS products make a significant contribution to saving life, improving health and enhancing standards of living for people around the world. Our businesses produce the raw materials that are essential in the manufacture of a wide variety of goods: from paints to plastics, textiles to technology, medicines to mobile phones - chemicals manufactured by INEOS enhance almost every aspect of modern life.
Purpose of the job:
The Procurement Specialist role is chartered to deliver positive results to the business and its’ stakeholders by: evaluating the supply base to select suppliers to achieve lowest total cost of ownership; administer contracts that eliminate potential risks & liabilities to the Company; meeting internal customer requirements by providing the right material/service at the right time to facilitate plant safety & reliability; creating and promoting a safe work environment to protect self, others and our facilities from injury/damage; adhering to and promoting Company policy while conducting internal and external business activities and actions with integrity, honesty and in accordance with the highest standards of business ethics.
As a Responsible Care company, we encourage our employees to embrace the principles of Responsible Care® by actively practicing them, promoting awareness of Responsible Care® and encouraging others to commit to these principles. Responsible Care® is the chemistry industry's commitment to sustainability - the betterment of society, the environment, and the economy. Its ethic and principles compel us to innovate for safer and more environmentally friendly products and processes, and to work cooperatively to identify and eliminate harm throughout the entire life cycle of their products.
This position has accountability, in keeping with the INEOS Responsible Care principles and ethics, for all aspects of the operation of the Plant, including safety/environment, people management, cost control, quality, production planning, project and process follow-up.
The INEOS North America Procurement team is responsible for providing materials, equipment, chemicals, services, and engineering equipment to all North America facilities. This role will be primarily responsible for providing onsite procurement support for the purchase of services, equipment, and materials to the La Porte, Texas site and the League City, Texas corporate office. The role will provide back-up support to the Alvin, Texas site, as needed.
- Compliance to all procedures & policies (Company, Procurement, & DOA)
- The ability to function in the SAP environment
- Adequate time to adhere to the Procurement process
- Adequate Scope of Work (SOW) to support contract creation
- Agreement with Supplier on contract terms and conditions
- Limited supply base for materials
- Limited labor market – experience levels and craft availability
- Market conditions – commercial challenges
- Transportation disruptions
- Regulatory requirements
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Develop and implement the procurement strategy and tactical plans that result in contracts that achieve the identified needs.
- Conduct supplier negotiations to obtain highest value in the sourcing process.
- Create quality-based contracts/purchase orders that eliminate risks & liabilities and adhere to procurement policies and procedures.
- Ensure supplier performance management is in place and actively managed.
- Accountable for cost savings and avoidances through effective contract negotiation, strategic sourcing process utilization and contract leakage control.
- Proactively and continually seek and develop new and competitive sources of supply.
- Utilize volume/spend leverage opportunities with other INEOS companies to gain favorable economics.
- Conduct needs and trends analyses for assigned goods and services, qualifying potential sources, developing detailed requests for proposals, performing both financial and business impact analyses, negotiating terms and conditions, and managing implementation of creative purchasing programs (including gaining consensus from internal clients).
- Make procurement decisions based upon the best interest of INEOS and delivering the best overall value to the plant locations assigned to.
- Provide procurement input and support for day-to-day transactional support and capital projects.
- Conduct procurement activities with a multi-site vision to ensure standardization of goods and/or services (commercial & technical).
- Utilize strategic sourcing methods to identify commodity strategies and sourcing plans to create contracts. The commodity strategies and sourcing plans will deliver positive results to multiple plant locations.
- Provide commercial information for budgeting and planning purposes.
- Ensure accurate definition of requirements, negotiates purchase agreements, establishes and maintains an effective procurement system consistent with company control guidelines.
- Interact regularly with technically oriented internal and external customers to communicate and/or negotiate complex contract issues.
- Establish and utilize a site support network for timely acquisition of site managed materials and services while achieving best overall value.
- Responsible for developing positive long term valued supplier partnerships while optimizing the supplier base.
- Key liaison with the business/commercial to ensure continuity of supply consistent with operations planning, production schedules, and maintenance plans.
- Create company-wide alignment on commodity strategies and sourcing plans
- Manage effective internal client and supplier relationships up to the senior management level.
- Collaborate with internal clients and suppliers to assist with problem-solving techniques for source of supply deficiencies to ensure plant safety and reliability.
- Mentor/coach buyers in procurement competencies and site personnel in procurement policies and procedures.
- Act as the departmental Subject Matter Expert for the overall purchase-to-pay process model and INEOS’ Delegation of Authority requirements related to site spend.
- Identify and champion new Purchase-to-Pay process improvements consistent with business and internal control objectives.
- Collaborate with other purchasing staff and internal customers to identify and implement best practices.
- Serves as a role model and knowledge base resource in Procurement.
Skills & Knowledge Required
- BS or BA Undergraduate Degree preferred.
- Requires a minimum of 10 – 12 years of experience.
- Experience with SAP Materials Management Module – requires a minimum of 5 – 7 years.
- Experience in positions requiring knowledge of Procurement and Supply Chain.
- Experience in a petrochemical, refining and/or manufacturing environment in a Technical or Business position is required.
- CSCP (Certified Supply Chain Professional) certification preferred.
- Knowledge of skills and successful experience with procurement processes including:
- Contract Development, Negotiation, Execution and Administration
- Supplier Selection and Evaluation
- Supplier Performance Management
- Strategic Sourcing Process
- Development of Commodity Strategies and Sourcing plans
- Risk Management
- Market Research
- Demonstrate an advanced understanding of SAP. Must be able to perform procurement tasks and extract data from SAP for analysis, problem solving and decision making.
- Basic understanding of Six Sigma processes and methodology.
- Broad commercial experience background preferred in areas such as supply chain, manufacturing, logistics, engineering, and construction.
- Ability to effectively lead cross functional teams. Gaining commitment and mobilizing people to act.
- Experience with e-commerce business solutions as applicable to purchasing applications is desired.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to apply them to purchasing decisions to increase value, considering both short- and long-term objectives.
- Must be able to effectively handle many competing priorities and ambiguous situations with limited supervision.
- Experience in positions mastering knowledge of business processes relating to purchasing and materials management.
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft products – Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Good presentation skills.
- Business Ethics - conduct all business activities and actions with integrity, honesty and in accordance with the highest standards of business ethics.
- Communication - excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization.
- Customer Orientation – Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Results Orientation – focus on end results in all actions and decisions.
- Problem Solving/Decision Making – assessing a situation/problem using analytical, conceptual, critical, and creative thinking.
- Initiative – acting with minimal direction, seek opportunities to improve the business results.
- Teamwork – foster collaboration and cooperation amongst team members.
ADA Physical requirements, visual acuity requirements and environmental conditions
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and perform tasks requiring repetitive use of hands. The employee must occasionally walk, stand and travel by car, airplane or other means. Exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Employee must have the ability to see written documents, computer screens and to adjust focus.
Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication and to make discriminations in sound.
Work Environment: This job is performed mainly in a temperature-controlled office environment.
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.On our team, people are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real value for customers.