Company:INEOS Olefins & Polymers USA
Interested in joining a winning team? A team whose employees are empowered to make a difference?
Procurement Specialist – TAR
Hay Grade: 34-35
Organizational Context & Job Purpose
INEOS is a global manufacturer of petrochemicals, specialty chemicals and oil products. Comprising 36 individual businesses, we operate 194 facilities in 29 countries throughout the world. INEOS Olefins and Polymers (O&P) USA is a significant entity as part of the INEOS group of companies. INEOS Group Limited is one of the world’s largest chemicals companies with ~$30 billion of sales per annum, 16,000 employees and 68+ sites worldwide.
The O&P USA business includes the product lines Ethylene, Propylene, Butadiene, Polypropylene and Polyethylene. Manufacturing sites include Chocolate Bayou Works (Alvin, TX), Battleground Manufacturing Complex (LA Porte, TX), and Carson, (Carson, CA), with a division office in League City, TX.
How the Role Fits in:
The primarily role of the Procurement Specialist – TAR is to facilitate the development of Turnaround procurement strategies and insure the safe and cost effective procurement of services and equipment for TARs.
This role will work closely with the O&P TAR Manager and TAR teams through all stages of the TAR planning process to facilitate the effective procurement of services and equipment required for the executions of the INEOS Olefins and Polymers Gulf Coast TARs.
The Main Purpose of the Role:
This role reports to the Commodity Manager MRO, Services, and Equipment with dotted line reporting to the O&P Turnaround Manager and is a member of a broader team supporting capital project procurement and strategic sourcing of services and materials in support of the Chocolate Bayou, Battleground, Stratton Ridge and Hobbs sites.
The Procurement Specialist – TAR is the primary point of contact between the TAR team and Procurement for the coordination of TAR sourcing activities.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Serve as the Procurement lead for TAR procurement strategy development and sourcing activities for the safe and economic execution of planned unit outages
- Lead TAR team in the development of the procurement strategies for each outage
- Identify strategic opportunities for bundling scope within and between TARs and execute associated RFPs and contract negotiations
- Identify deficiencies in available vendor pool and support contract development with new vendors
- Develop and issue RFP packages
- Work with Commodity Managers and Site Buyers as necessary to support TAR execution
- Develop material management strategy
- Understand external macroeconomic drivers and their effect on TAR procurement strategic options.
- Maintain knowledge of local labor markets
- Use knowledge of labor and material markets to drive lowest cost procurement
- Accountable for delivering cost savings/avoidance through effective contract negotiation and strategic sourcing
- Negotiate favorable pricing/rates for awarded TAR work.
- Negotiate discounts for bundled TAR projects.
- Communication of TAR Procurement Activities
- Lead weekly meetings with TAR planners and procurement resources to identify and review procurement issues associated with TAR planning/strategy development and execution
- Develop reports/slides as necessary for communication of procurement status to TAR Steering Team
- Primary contact for procurement reports: Open order reports, Daily status reports, etc.
- Assure adherence to O&P policies, Site requirements, and Industry Standards
- Assure that O&P Procurement processes are followed in the placement of all third party spend.
- Develop ATNs for TAR strategy as appropriate
- Work with TAR Team to complete bid evaluations (technical & commercial) for all purchases not covered by a bid waiver.
- Establish bid review criteria prior to review
- Summarize bid review results and prepare supporting documentation for award approval
- Work with TAR Team and Vendors to address vendor nonconformance issues
- Per diem issues
- Invoice auditing and post TAR invoice reconciliation
- Vendor management and documentation of vendor performance
- Participate in Lessons Learned reviews and document opportunities for improvement
- Review and document key vendor performance. Compile information for use in future TAR procurement strategy development.
- Document and share learnings/process improvements within Procurement department
Skills & Knowledge Required
Knowledge & Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Project Engineering or Procurement
- BA/BS strongly preferred
- BS Degree in Chemical, Civil, Electrical, Mechanical Engineering or related field preferred
- Experience working with cross-functional team to establish execution plans for turnarounds or large projects, coordination of sub-contracts, etc.
Skills & Competencies:
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and effectively handle multiple projects and/or changing priorities.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing with internal and external clients
- Good listening skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage / facilitate resolution of procurement related activities within a cross-functional team (includes coordination with internal and external resources)
- Demonstrated ability to establish strong working relationships with peers
- Ability to influence others without having direct reporting authority
- Demonstrated experience facilitating coordination of purchase evaluations
- Knowledge of and successful experience with procurement processes including:
- Strategic sourcing
- Market research
- Supplier evaluation and selection
- Contract negotiation and execution
- Supplier performance management
- Risk management
- Strong computer skills including Excel and Word. SAP experience preferred.
- Basic understanding of Advanced Work Packages and the impact on procurement processes preferred
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.On our team, people are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real value for customers.