Procurement Specialist (Services contracts)
A truly global company, INEOS is one of the world’s largest chemical companies.
We require a Procurement Specialist with relevant experience in management of Services contracts to play a key role in the delivery and support of this growth in our business.
The key requirement of this role is to ensure that the O&P UK Projects and the Assets have the correct services agreements available to be able to meet the site Capex plans and production plans. The individual will be responsible to ensure that the services ordered comply with the O&P UK standards for quality and safe delivery.
- Development of procurement strategies engaging relevant stakeholders and award of engineering services contracts to support the INEOS business that will achieve best value for the business.
- Knowledge and understanding of the NAECI (“the blue book”).
- Network with the global INEOS procurement organisation to maximise group leverage possibilities.
- Ensure that security of supply for services is maintained safely, to the correct technical specification and on schedule to meet operational requirements.
- Provide expert advice on procurement related risks, including in depth market knowledge both commercial and technical to all INEOS procurement customers.
- Lead negotiations with suppliers to secure best commercial terms based on agreed specifications and demand to ensure best value for money.
- Follow the department procurement processes that meet internal INEOS requirements
- Identify and recommend new suppliers to the businesses that can offer a commercial or technical advantage to INEOS to mitigate project or asset schedule risks.
- Claims negotiation and application of liabilities following dispute on service provision.
- Ability to review / assist detailed cost submissions and challenge cost submissions to ensure final account valuations match the contract intent, when required.
- Ensure that the services ordered comply with the O&P UK standards for quality and safe delivery.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills
- MCIPS qualified preferred or equivalent chartered membership or QS qualifications
- Significant previous purchasing / commercial / contractual experience in a large complex manufacturing environment and can demonstrate challenge to suppliers to deliver cost savings.
- Experience in at least 2 of the following commodities: Mechanical services, Scaffolding Insulation Painting services, Industrial Cleaning services, Electrical & Instrumentation services, Engineering services, Tankage work
- Good working knowledge and skills of MS Office tools including Excel, Word as well as SAP & Database analysis would be advantageous.
- Self-starter and comfortable with communications between engineers, planners, project managers, procurement specialists and suppliers.
- Deep understanding of cost drivers on contracts in order to demonstrate transparency and overall value.
- Expert, advanced negotiation skills and techniques.
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application