INEOS Automotive: We have one goal. To manufacture, launch and deliver an uncompromising, best-in-class 4x4 for those who depend on a vehicle as a working tool. We’re building the Grenadier from the ground up, component by component. No corners cut and no easy options. It's been an exciting journey since our inception in 2017 and we have flown past many milestones. Despite the global challenge of 2020 we are on track to deliver our plan and 2023 is our execution phase.
To make this vision a reality, we’ve assembled a team of world-class experts who are willing to roll up their sleeves and get stuck in. We need more doers that think big. More thinkers that dive in and do. More people that make things happen. We’re a diverse workforce of tenacious, straight-talking experts and as we expand our world-class team, we are looking for spirited innovators and disruptors who thrive in a challenge. We’re doing things differently. If you are looking to join a scale-up business and take on a fulfilling and career-defining role, then let’s talk.
The Role: We are looking for talented procurement experts who bring proven success in Category, Commodity and/or Project Purchasing. You will be using your in-depth knowledge and experience to source equipment and materials that are fit for purpose, to achieve the best possible commercial terms that are in line with the business group strategy. The role requires your hands-on attitude coupled with experience in developing holistic procurement strategies to thrive in this fast-paced environment.
What you will be doing:
- Orchestrate all procurement activities.
- Identify and source the components and systems with the best technical and commercial fit to the vehicle and operations requirements.
- Prepare, co-ordinate and execute sourcing decisions for selected commodities and ensure all sourcing decisions are cross functionally aligned between Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality, Supply Chain and Procurement.
- Negotiate with suppliers to secure best balanced commercial terms considering technical feasibility, volume demands, quality and manufacturing requirements.
- Fulfil all relevant project targets regarding material and tooling cost as well as timeline.
- Constant observation of the global supply market regarding changes that affects our business.
- Develop and align category strategies across multiple functions with consideration for global supply market developments as well as internal requirements.
- Identify, evaluate and countermeasure risks associated with the supply chain of the selected category.
- Manage and co-ordinate raw material fluctuations with the suppliers and commodities across the whole category.
- Work closely with Engineering, Commercial and Industrialisation to agree future demand plans, materials and equipment.
- Network with the wider INEOS organisation to maximise group leverage possibilities.
What you will bring:
- Experience in one or more of the following categories: Interiors, Exteriors, Accessories, Body, Chassis, Powertrain, EE.
- Previous direct knowledge of procurement from concept-through-industrialisation-to-operation.
- Excellent project management skills, with a track record of delivery.
- Able to demonstrate experiences in building and maintaining senior supplier relationships.
- Demonstrable strategic procurement experience and or NPI (New Product Introduction).
- Ability to prioritise tasks and have effective time management and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good capability with Microsoft Office software and experience with SAP is desirable, training will be available.
- English language is mandatory and German would be beneficial.
- There will be significant travel involved in the role.
Please note this role is hybrid working with the successful applicants working 1-3 days a week in the office.