INEOS Composites US LLC
Are you interested in joining a winning team? A team whose employees are empowered to make a difference? Our culture is one of honesty, integrity and transparency with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.
On our team people are acknowledged for embracing new ideas that help create real value for customers. Let’s get there together.
INEOS has an exciting opportunity for a SHE Process Engineer to join our INEOS Hygienics business at our Jacksonville, AR facility. This is a very visible, significant role within the Company and the SHE and Quality function. This position will report to Quality and SHE Manager.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop and support INEOS SHE culture.
- Lead development of the annual Hygienics SHE improvement plan.
- Ensure compliance with the 20 Principles, IGGNs, Life Saving Rules and other company requirements is achieved through local systems and procedures and back this up with appropriate internal auditing.
- Lead audits, IGGN gap analysis etc.
- Be aware of current and emerging legislation and best practice guidance on Health and Safety and facilitate the development of robust and effective policies, systems and processes to the SHE needs of the business.
- Develop and maintain a network of contacts both within INEOS and outside to ensure access to best practice and support.
- Develop plant safety programs; produce, monitor and react to appropriate SHE KPIs for the site.
- Proactively communicate changes, gaps etc. to the Management Team.
- Support completion of the annual letter of assurance process.
- Ensure the site operates within their own local legal requirements (for both Safety and Environmental law). Provide environmental surveillance as necessary and maintain environmental records. Report any legal breaches to the relevant authorities.
- Manage, review and analyze SHE performance and investigate accidents/incidents in line with best practice.
- Carry out audit and inspection of all areas of the business especially projects, to ensure risk assessment and health and safety compliance.
- Manage the internal auditing program for SHE and operational audits.
- Develop and promote health and safety awareness and responsibilities throughout the site.
- Monitor, audit and ensure safe working practices of all staff and sub-contractors.
- Develop and manage annual SHE operating budget.
- Ensure health monitoring tests, fitness for duty, and return to work process are administered.
- Oversee industrial hygiene studies to identify potential health risks associated with overexposure to chemicals
- Supervise Process and Behavioral Safety professionals around PSM, Security, Emergency Response, and Safety processes (e.g., PHA, LOPA, incident investigations, MOCs) to ensure compliance, build commitment, and support continuous improvement, including application of lessons learned
- Work with the Plant Engineer on capital projects and plant startup.
- Assist in developing plant SOPs.
- Identify and manage the implementation of continuous improvement projects.
- Assist in supporting customer issues and inquiries.
- Develop, monitor and influence action on key metrics of site operating performance.
- Champion corrective actions and improvement initiatives.
- Support special projects and maintenance turnarounds.
- Work with the SHEQ Manager to ensure product specifications are met in a timely manner, and that cleanliness is being maintained.
- Assist with Quality Assurance lab testing
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Occupational Safety & Health, Environmental Science, or related technical degree required
- At least 2 years of related work experience.
- Must have manufacturing experience, with an understanding of SHE compliance and performance issues.
- Working knowledge (or ability to quickly learn) environmental, health and safety regulations at the county, state, and federal level including US DOT and hazardous material regulations; permitting processes for air, water, and solid waste compliance, etc.
- Experience with Quality Management Systems (ISO 9001) and auditing is preferred.
- Familiarity with, or ability to learn, lab standards, procedures and practices.
The following skill sets are preferred by the business unit:
- Ability to identify potential problems, involve the appropriate technical expertise, and co-ordinate resolution proactively.
- Ability to leverage technical knowledge to make sound decisions, filtering out what is important despite not being the Subject Matter Expert on every topic.
- Ability to lead the effective implementation of emergency/incident response systems including the Emergency Operations Center (EOC).
- Ability to direct the activities related to contract services for security, emissions monitoring, and environmental consulting services.
- Ability to use math and algebra to determine flows, concentrations and calculate emissions.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (especially MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint), SAP is helpful.
- Have an in-depth knowledge of both process and behavioural SHE issues, especially relating to hazards and risks.
- Within a robust understanding of the legal framework, be able analyse and interpret source legislation and guidance and extract key facts and requirements to be included in ongoing work.
- Have skills to be able to research topic areas not known well by the job holder, ensuring high quality information sources are used and be able to make a critical assessment of their relevance to the business.
- Have expertise in technical SHE areas such as analysis assessment techniques including quantified risk assessments, hazard studies, manual handling, management of change etc. in order to be able to give advice to the sites.
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application