This position is part of the Oligomers Global Technology Organization and reports to the Global Technology Manager for INEOS Oligomers. This role focuses primarily on supporting the Polyisobutene (PIB) process technology, but also may provide secondary support for the other Oligomers product lines.
The Process Technology Engineer – PIB has responsibility for:
- Providing process technology options to the Oligomers business to effectively enhance margins and growth opportunities
- Work with plant sites to identify long range technology enhancements
- Support business with timely process and economic evaluations for business options
- Technical insights to differentiate our processes and products from the competition
- Serve as knowledge manager of our PIB process technology
- Influence the manufacturing organization to proactively improve process and product performance.
- Provide competitive intelligence on customer technology capabilities
- Interact with other functional groups (e.g., Sales, Operations) to meet customer needs
- Establish, maintain and enhance process simulation and modeling tools
- Mentor process engineers across the Oligomers organization in the necessary fundamentals and in-depth knowledge of Oligomers technologies
- Ensure technology learnings are shared and transferred across the Oligomers organization
- Demonstrates a high level of expertise and makes a significant contribution through innovative solutions to complex technical problems.
- Provides expert process engineering support to the business, projects and plants.
- Provides deep expertise in Ineos Oligomers process technologies
- Provides expertise and leadership in establishing process modeling tools for the Oligomers technologies
- Provides expertise and solid judgment in the economic assessment of new processes and process improvements.
- Champions development and implementation of innovative and leading edge technology.
- Demonstrates the ability to evaluate opportunities, utilize problem solving skills, and has a proven track record of delivering results.
- Interprets competitive technologies through surveillance of patents and other publications and communicates impact thereof to the business.
- Provides input into the assessment of competitor technologies, capabilities, and impact.
- Participates in developing and maintaining IP strategy for Oligomers’ product lines
- Develops understanding of markets, customer’s technology, and the impact of our product on customer’s process
- Identifies opportunities to develop long range technology goals to insure Oligomers has the best in class process technologies
- Mentors process engineers both in Global Technology and the sites in essential process knowledge for Oligomers technologies.
- Identifies best in class methods to ensure technology learnings are shared and effectively transferred across the Oligomers organizations.
Skills & Knowledge Required
- degree in Chemical Engineering required, advanced degree a plus
- Minimum 10 years of experience in the chemical industry
- In depth knowledge of Oligomers technologies preferred
- Fluency in English and French .
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are required.
- Proven influencing skills are essential.
- A high level of process and product knowledge for Oligomers technologies.
- Possesses a high level of process expertise and is recognized as an authority within Oligomers.
- Possesses a strong working knowledge for use of process engineering simulation tools.
- Possesses a strong working knowledge for developing process and project economics
- Knowledge of IP processes and the use of IP to defend our businesses
- Ability to provide high quality technical support to manufacturing sites
- Ability to evaluate opportunities, utilize problem solving skills, and has a proven track record of providing innovative solutions which add business value.
- Use of staged gate processes
- A solid understanding of both business and technical objectives and strategies
- Solid technical leadership and networking skills through technical network participation
- Understanding of INEOS Oligomers’ technology (both theory and how it is applied) experience, and ability to lead/conduct plant tests
- Knowledge of Competitive technologies and their economics
- Provides Safety Leadership by Example
- A thorough understanding of product stewardship issues
- Demonstrates HSE sensitivity which includes an understanding of the HSE requirements in the design or modification of processes.
- Maintains Personal Integrity and Ethical behavior.
- Communicates proactively with technology and manufacturing team members and stakeholders to avoid surprises, and to seek stakeholder buy-in into Technology projects.
- Effectively uses informal power and influence to achieve results (as opposed to formal authority).
- Fosters collaboration broadly across the Global Technology team and the broader organization.
- Demonstrates the ability to consult with other INEOS Businesses to advance the Oligomers business and technology agenda
- Self Development: Continues to sharpen and develop technical and leadership skills (e.g., influence, leadership style, communication, vision).
- Seeks out and shares best practices: Always looks for broader applications, benchmarks with intent to find best in class practices, leverages personal networks (internal and external) to add value.
- Embraces change and positively challenges the “status quo”.
- Proactively and positively manages conflict.
- Ability to work under pressure with competing demands
- Ability to lead multidisciplinary teams in complex technology/product development project