INEOS Olefins & Polymers USA
Interested in joining a winning team? A team whose employees share in the ownership of the business and are empowered to make a difference?
ALL APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO APPLY ONLINE BY CLICKING HERE: www.IneosJobs.com
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The application process requires applying on the www.IneosJobs.com website therefore any applicants who ONLY submit their application on this job board WILL NOT be considered.
The posting on www.IneosJobs.com closes January 23rd, 2022 at 5:00 pm CST.
INEOS is a global manufacturer of petrochemicals, specialty chemicals and oil products. It comprises 34 businesses each with a major chemical company heritage. Its production network spans 171 sites in 24 countries throughout the world. The INEOS Olefins & Polymers USA business is a major participant in the North American chemical industry, with an annual manufacturing capacity of 9.6 billion pounds of petrochemicals. Manufacturing sites include Chocolate Bayou Works (Alvin, TX), Battleground Manufacturing Complex (La Porte, TX), and Carson (Carson, CA), with a corporate office in League City, TX.
The 300-acre INEOS Battleground Manufacturing Complex (BMC) was originally built in 1956 and is located on the Houston ship channel east of Houston, Texas. Currently, BMC produces both high-density polyethylene and polypropylene. The polypropylene line has a capacity of approximately 320 million pounds per year, and the seven polyethylene lines have a combined capacity of approximately 3 billion pounds per year. The BMC site has a state-of-the-art technical center which integrates research and development, technical services and quality assurance.
Purpose of the job:
This position is part of the Operations team at the Battleground Manufacturing Complex. The Process Technician is responsible for the safe and efficient day-to-day operation of the facilities. This opening requires qualification on three jobs within the unit they are assigned. The Process Technician operates equipment in production systems, monitors equipment, and obtains routine samples of products. The Process Technician also carries out cleaning, maintenance, and minor repair work in the processing units.
Responsibilities AND Accountabilities
- Daily monitoring of plant conditions.
- Monitoring of process indicators/gauges such as temperatures, pressures, levels, and inventories.
- Make observations in unit for any leaks or equipment failures that may create a hazard or cause inefficiency.
- Perform inspections and maintenance of rotating equipment such as pumps and compressors.
- Generate electronic work requests for required maintenance repairs.
- Required to maintain a constant awareness of personal safety and the safety of other personnel.
- Optimizing/troubleshooting equipment problems and process upsets. Working with peers, technical, and supervisory personnel to report or resolve conditions affecting safety, efficiency and product quality. Making appropriate adjustments to meet safety, quality and environmental requirements.
- Prepare equipment safely for maintenance work and assist maintenance personnel in plant repairs including removing and installing valves, pumps, control units, etc. Safe isolation and preparation of equipment for maintenance repair.
- Installing and removing piping systems, cut-off valves, etc., as required, using proper tools.
- Perform loading and unloading operations.
- Observe chemical process; monitor gauges, signals, and recorders; and receive notification by intercommunications to make specified operating adjustments on such equipment as pumps, compressors, reactors, distillation columns, heat exchangers, etc.
- Apply statistical process control to optimize product quality.
- Ensure all PMs are complete.
- Perform Job Tasks as outlined in SOPs. This includes knowledge & compliance of procedures and rules.
- Perform quality-related jobs such as investigating, documenting and providing corrective action for customer complaints.
- Ability to read and interpret P&IDs.
- Ability to operate process using plant DCS and troubleshoot using PI data historian.
- Responsible for maintaining housekeeping in area of responsibility.
- Assists in performing safety reviews, safety audits, incident investigations, and safety suggestions.
- Actively participate in safety meetings, training, and the behavioral safety process (SEAHAWK).
- The position is accountable for understanding and putting into practice the INEOS 20 Principles.
- Assists in Emergency Response situations.
Skills & Knowledge Required
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years directly-related experience as an Operator in a chemical plant, refinery, or gas processing plant OR have successfully completed a 2-year Associate’s Degree in Process Technology, Operations.
- Positions are on shift work, working 12-hour shifts, rotating between days and nights with some overtime required.
- Experience operating a Honeywell TDC 3000 Distributed Control System or equivalent is a plus.
- Computer Skills: E-mail, SAP, Word, Excel and PowerPoint experience preferred.
- Experience using Personal Protective Equipment preferred
- Experience following safety procedures, including OSHA standards preferred
ADA Physical Requirements, Visual Acuity Requirements, and Environmental Conditions
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand and travel by bicycle or other means.
Exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Frequent climbing, ascending or descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles and the like, using feet and legs and/or hands and arms.
The incumbent may be occasionally required to work in close quarters, crawl spaces, shafts, man holes, small enclosed rooms, and other confined spaces.
Employee must have the ability to see written documents, computer screens and to adjust focus.
Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
Employee’s job environment will require working in hot / cold conditions and be exposed to dust, fumes, vapors, gases, particulates and elevated noise levels.
Candidates are required to be fully COVID vaccinated.
INEOS Olefins & Polymers USA is an equal opportunity employer.
If you are selected for a position, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-employment drug screen (and alcohol screening/medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-employment verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process.
INEOS Olefins & Polymers USA does not accept or retain unsolicited resumes or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.On our team, people are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real value for customers.