INEOS US CHEMICALS COMPANY
Interested in joining a winning team? A team whose employees share in the ownership of the business and are empowered to make a difference?
Process Technician monitors, regulates, and operates complex chemical process equipment to produce Purified Terephthalic Acid (PTA) in safe, environmentally sound and efficient manner. The continuous 24/7 process requires the Process Technician to work rotating, 12-hour shifts in all types of weather.
- Start up, operate and shut down the process unit in accordance with established procedures
- Make necessary adjustments to equipment and process to ensure safe and optimum operation of the unit
- Troubleshoot abnormal process situations
- Monitor Distributive Control System (DCS) and proactively respond and manage process alarms
- Work with maintenance to troubleshoot and repair equipment and instrumentation
- Collect samples using proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and sampling methods
- Safely perform and verify energy isolations for equipment, vessels and piping
- Perform minor maintenance
- Communicate with all levels within the team and external business partners
- Demonstrate and transfer work knowledge to others
- Maintain accurate records
A High School Diploma or GED
Essential Experience and Job Requirements
- 3 years of industrial/manufacturing experience, or 4 years military experience, or related technical Associates Degree, or three years of experience troubleshootinging equipment.
- Legal authorization to work in the US on a fulltime basis for anyone other than your current employer
- A passing score on pre-employment tests, including mechanical aptitude, reading & mathematics
- The ability to read & follow detailed operating, maintenance and safety procedures.
- The ability to routinely work in confined spaces for extended periods of time
- The ability to routinely climb stairs & ladders that can exceed 200 ft in total span with break decks
- The ability to lift & carry heavy objects up to 50 pounds in weight
- The ability to open and close large valves
- The ability to put on respirators and other important safety equipment
- The willingness & ability to be on call including nights, weekends & holidays
- The willingness & ability to relocate to or commute on a daily basis to the Ineos Cooper River Plant without company assistance
- The willingness & ability to work in all weather conditions
- Work with diverse groups to achieve results and maintain a positive working relationship with co-worker
- Understands and adheres to SHE processes and regulations
Desirable Criteria / Qualifications
- Experience working in an industrial or military environment
- Experience working with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Experience responding to industrial emergencies
- Experience with basic chemistry and physics
- Experience troubleshooting equipment
Certifications/Licenses (List any required and preferred certifications/licenses)
- Constant (67-100% of time) exerting over 50 pounds of force (lifting, pulling, pushing, torqueing), standing, walking, climbing, bending, squatting, kneeling, reaching, carrying, repetitive motions.
- Working outside 67-100% of time in temperature extremes and noisy environment
Other Requirements (such as Travel, Location)
- Must be at least 18 years of age; legally authorized to work in the United States; and not require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., TN, H1B status), now or in the future.
- Must be able to fluently speak, write, and read English.
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.On our team, people are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real value for customers.
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application