Part of INEOS, INOVYN is Europe's leading producer of vinyls and in the top three worldwide. With an annual turnover of €3.1 billion, INOVYN has circa 4,200 employees and chemical manufacturing, sales and marketing operations in 8 countries across Europe.
INOVYN’s portfolio consists of an extensive range of class-leading products arranged across General Purpose Vinyls; Specialty Vinyls; Organic Chlorine Derivatives; Chlor Alkali; Hydrogen and Vinyls Technologies. INOVYN's annual commercial production volume is circa 10 milliontonnes. See www.inovyn.com and www.ineos.com for more details.
Main role purpose:
The post holder is responsible for the operation of drying or services processes in a safe and efficient manner, complying with all procedures, systems and instructions to ensure the quality of the product manufactured meets business requirements.
Key accountabilities & responsibilities:
- Monitor trends in plant performance and identify areas of poor performance, taking recommended remedial action.
- Identify maintenance needs and liaise with the Shift Manager to ensure safe and efficient operations, including issuing work permits.
- Develop and maintain safety awareness and standards to achieve sustained improvement in safety performance through BBS.
- Play an active role in the Company improvement process to promote excellent environmental and quality performance and contribute to cost reduction projects.
Key skills & experience:
- Minimum of 5 GCSE grade C or above and NVQ level 2 or above in Process Plant operation (or similar). As well as on the job training and will be expected to gain QCF’s at Level 3 in process operations.
- At least 3 years of process plant operating experience.
- Able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of the complete PVC production process, the hazards of VCM, and other process chemicals along with the safeguards in place to avoid incidents from the process.
- Familiar with Distributed Control System operation (desirable) - training in the installed control systems will be provided.
- High regard for occupational and process safety, environmental performance and housekeeping standards.
- Good thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills across all levels.
- Able to work effectively as part of a team and with own initiative.
- Good level of IT competence.
INOVYN is a company of INEOS. INEOS is a global manufacturer of petrochemicals, speciality chemicals and oil products. It comprises 34 businesses each with a major chemical company heritage. Its production network spans 183 sites in 26 countries throughout the world.
This is a direct Company recruitment. We will not accept applications via employment agencies
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application