At INEOS Pigments, we value the contribution of our people in making us one of the largest producers of titanium dioxide in North America. Providing numerous products and services to industries around the globe, from coatings to plastics to paper and other end-uses, we invest in employee development and offer a wide range of career opportunities, offering everyone the chance to broaden their experience and build a professionally rewarding career.
About The Role
The Process Engineer II provides technical support to the manufacturing operations to assure that these operations meet planned objectives related to safety, quality, quantity and cost. They are primarily responsible for providing process design recommendations for development of process improvements and capital projects, perform process optimization studies and plant trials, and perform Process Hazard Analysis reviews to meet Process Safety requirements. The may assist in mentoring junior engineers. This is a safety critical role.
Key activities include:
- Perform standard engineering assignments usually representing a significant portion of a larger project
- Develop, evaluate, calculate and design modifications to existing chemical processes
- Participate as a team member on capital project development by supplying process design information
- Develop alternatives and recommend solutions to equipment and process issues
- Assist R&D or Sr. Engineers with trial development and participate as a team member on plant trials
- Work with external vendors, contractors, suppliers and technical personnel
- Select engineering technique to solve problems and make design recommendations
- Participate as a team member in a specific phase of a broad engineering assignment
- Prepare documentation for assigned projects
- Provides technical leadership to a small group engineers and technicians
- Ensures successful completion of assigned project phase within the budgeted time and cost constraints
- Participates in defining engineering approaches, and in planning and scheduling work
- With limited support, be able to apply a basic understanding of maintenance practices to assist in troubleshooting and improve equipment performance and reliability
- Understand safety and environmental goals and objectives for the plant and department.
- Initiate improvement ideas and gain support in the organization to develop these into projects
- Demonstrate continuous quality improvement to meet the customer needs and company objectives
- Other duties as assigned
You should possess:
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical Engineering or related discipline
- A minimum of 2-5 years of experience as a process engineer or similar engineering positioning in a manufacturing environment
- In-depth knowledge of the various unit operations including: chemical reactors, distillation, heat transfer, evaporation, drying, milling, filtration, pumping, fluid flow, material handling and support services. A background in TiCl4 and TiO2 manufacturing a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results individually and as part of a team
- Demonstrated ability to apply engineering principles and knowledge to solve problems using creative solutions
- Ability to lead larger process design scope development, evaluation, and design of new/existing chemical processes
- Knowledge of statistical design and evaluation methods
- Ability to use analytical processes (appraise a situation, develop supporting plans, make decisions, generate innovative ideas, analyse and troubleshoot operational problems)
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
This is a salaried, exempt position with typical work hours of 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m., Monday – Friday.
INEOS Pigments is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please click here, for more information about "EEO is the Law" and supplement.
INEOS Pigments is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential function of a position, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or call (410) 762-1000 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Our Ashtabula, Ohio Complex, consisting of two plants just south of Lake Erie, is a state of the art manufacturing complex with leading technology and more than 45 years of manufacturing excellence.
INEOS Pigments offers a competitive salary with an annual bonus and a comprehensive benefits package, including paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, long-term disability with the buy-up option, basic life & AD&D insurance with a buy-up option for self and dependents, 401(k) with company match.
Read about "EEO is the Law"