IN OUR EXPERIENCED TEAM.
INEOS Styrolution is the leading global styrenics supplier, with a focus on styrene monomer, polystyrene, ABS Standard and styrenic specialties. With world-class production facilities and more than 90 years of experience, INEOS Styrolution helps its customers succeed by offering innovative and sustainable best-in-class solutions, designed to give them a competitive edge in their markets, and at the same time, help make the circular economy for styrenics a reality. The company provides styrenic applications for many everyday products across a broad range of industries, including automotive, electronics, household, construction, healthcare, packaging and toys/sports/leisure. In 2019, sales were at 5 billion euros. INEOS Styrolution employs approximately 3,600 people and operates 20 production sites in ten countries.
For our Gulf Coast organization we are looking for a Process Engineer to support our site in Pasadena, TX.
Purpose of Role:
The Process Engineer is a key technical resource in the Operations department and is responsible for providing daily support in the production facilities to ensure safe and efficient plant operation in an environmentally conscious manner. The Process Engineer leads process-troubleshooting initiatives, tracks unit performance, sets operating targets and guidelines for unit operators, supports the unit quality program, and drives plant optimization. The Process Engineer develops and executes process improvement projects in coordination with the Engineering and Maintenance departments. The Process Engineer works as a member of the Operations team to support the site’s process safety program, demonstrates a commitment to SHE through personal action, facilitates effective communication, and promotes a high-performance team environment.
- Ensure the INEOS 20 Principles of Behavioral and Process Safety are learned, followed, practiced, and supported on a daily basis. Communicate and champion the INEOS 20 Principles and Life Saving Rules to empower and enable others.
- Maintain accountability as the Asset Engineer within assigned area(s). Develop and maintain operating envelopes, identify safe operating limits, define consequences of deviation, and establish corrective actions. Investigate any operating envelope exceedances.
- Preserve high standards of Process Safety and Environmental Protection.
- Interact routinely with employees and contractors on Behavioral and Process Safety Principles concerns and issues; participate in site BBSO program and create / support a culture where people intervene to stop unsafe work.
- Ensure full compliance within the unit to Government Regulations, SHE standards, policies, rules, procedures, and programs.
- Lead / participate as needed in incident investigations, Management of Change (MOC), Process Hazard Analysis (PHA), Layers of Protection Analysis (LOPA), general process safety reviews, and risk assessments. Identify root causes and corrective recommendations in process incident and mechanical failure investigations to prevent reoccurrence.
- Manage assigned PSM / audit / quality action items to ensure completion.
- Provide daily technical support in the process plant to ensure safe and efficient plant operation in an environmentally conscious manner. Advise team members on process safety, operations technology, and applicable plant experiences.
- Interact with site-level, regional, and third-party teams as required to support production forecasting, manage product quality, resolve equipment or raw material vendor issues, resolve operational issues, identify improvements, and provide technical support.
- Monitor process variables and operational performance to achieve production, quality, and benchmarking results as specified or as measured by established KPI’s. Support applicable plant record keeping initiatives, including Operations-related accounting activities such as compiling or reviewing data.
- Influence integrity management within the process units to ensure that work related to the production facilities is appropriately identified, then completed correctly, promptly, and in a cost effective manner.
- Identify and implement plant reliability and variable cost improvement projects.
- Support the manufacturing asset through small project ownership and technical service emphasis, including project definition, project prioritization, project scoping, project alternatives, preliminary / detailed process design, economic evaluation, installation, commissioning, start-up support, post-startup evaluations, and completion of appropriate documentation.
- Apply training and experience, along with creative problem solving, analytical thinking, and troubleshooting techniques, to effectively resolve operational and optimization challenges in the production / process areas.
- Lead / participate as needed, or as directed, in planning and work execution activities related to unit shutdowns, turnarounds, and start-ups.
- Support team success through ownership of additional responsibilities as deemed appropriate by the Operations Manager.
Education & Experience:
- B.S. Degree in Chemical Engineering
- Extensive engineering knowledge and skills
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience in a similar chemical or refining process, preferred
- This role requires a high level of motivation and drive for excellence
- Must be able to function with high autonomy within designated boundaries
- Demonstrated effective skills in communication (verbal and written), problem solving, decision making, and operational planning
Experience in general:
- Industry experiences demonstrating ability to learn and apply new information
- Recent examples of ability to manage multiple priorities concurrently
- Proven ability to deliver results in a team environment
- Cooperative manner, capable of effective interfacing at all levels within the organization
- Detailed knowledge of chemical plant process equipment and operation of that equipment in continuous processes
- High familiarity with common industry practices such as Management of Change (MOC), Root Cause Investigation (RCI), Risk Identification and Management
- High familiarity with common industry software applications such as Aspen Process Simulation Tools, Aspen Process Explorer, PI Process Book
- Windows operating system and advanced working knowledge of Excel
- Knowledge of Safety, Health, and Environmental Quality issues
- Statistical process improvement skills preferred
Please note that relocation support is not available for this position.
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application