Pasadena, Texas, USA
INEOS Styrolution America LLC
Our Company: INEOS Styrolution is a leading global styrenics supplier, with a focus on styrene monomer, polystyrene, Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene standard, and styrenic specialties. We offer excellent production facilities, revolutionary R&D centers, international reach, and over 90 years of experience pioneering real change through sustainable solutions, all while making the circular economy for styrenics a reality.
- The global leader in styrenics: No. 1 leader in styrenics with a focus on Styrene Monomer, Polystyrene, Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene Standard and Styrenic Specialties
- Employees: 3,600 worldwide
- Production sites: 20 manufacturing sites in 10 countries
- Customer base: Customers in 106 countries
- Sales: 4 billion EUR in 2020
Safety remains and always will be our number one priority at INEOS. Our US locations are following the INEOS Covid protocols for new hires as a condition of employment:
- Candidates must be fully vaccinated prior to start date and show proof of Covid-19 vaccination, or
- Provide validation of a religious exemption, medical exemption, or personal conscience exemption (in the State of Texas in accordance with Executive Order GA-40)
The Process Engineer is a key technical resource in the Operations department and is responsible for providing daily support in the production facilities to ensure safe and efficient plant operation in an environmentally conscious manner. You will lead process-troubleshooting initiatives, track unit performance, set operating targets and guidelines for unit operators, support the unit quality program, and drive plant optimization. Additionally, you will develop and execute process improvement projects in coordination with the Engineering and Maintenance departments. As a member of the Operations team, you will support the site’s process safety program, demonstrate a commitment to SHE through personal action, facilitate effective communication, and promote a high-performance team environment.
- Maintain accountability as the Asset Engineer within assigned area(s). Develop and maintain operating envelopes, identify safe operating limits, define consequences of deviation, and establish corrective actions. Investigate any operating envelope exceedances.
- Provide daily technical support in the process plant to ensure safe and efficient plant operation in an environmentally conscious manner. Advise team members on process safety, operations technology, and applicable plant experiences.
- Interact with site-level, regional, and third-party teams as required to support production forecasting, manage product quality, resolve equipment or raw material vendor issues, resolve operational issues, identify improvements, and provide technical support.
- Monitor process variables and operational performance to achieve production, quality, and benchmarking results as specified or as measured by established KPI’s. Support applicable plant record keeping initiatives, including Operations-related accounting activities such as compiling or reviewing data.
- Influence integrity management within the process units to ensure that work related to the production facilities is appropriately identified, then completed correctly, promptly, and in a cost effective manner.
- Support the manufacturing asset through small project ownership and technical service emphasis, including project definition, project prioritization, project scoping, project alternatives, preliminary / detailed process design, economic evaluation, installation, commissioning, start-up support, post-startup evaluations, and completion of appropriate documentation.
- Lead / participate as needed, or as directed, in planning and work execution activities related to unit shutdowns, turnarounds, and start-ups.
- Ensure full compliance within the unit to government regulations, SHE standards, policies, rules, procedures, and programs. Support and model behavioral and process safety principles.
- Lead / participate as needed in incident investigations, Management of Change (MOC), Process Hazard Analysis (PHA), Layers of Protection Analysis (LOPA), general process safety reviews, and risk assessments. Identify root causes and corrective recommendations in process incident and mechanical failure investigations to prevent reoccurrence.
- Manage assigned PSM / audit / quality action items to ensure completion.
- Support team success through ownership of additional responsibilities as deemed appropriate by the Operations Manager.
Education & Experience:
- B.S. Degree in Chemical Engineering
- Extensive engineering knowledge and skills
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in a similar chemical or refining process
- This role requires a high level of motivation and drive for excellence
- Must be able to function with high autonomy within designated boundaries
- Demonstrated effective skills in communication (verbal and written), problem solving, decision making, and operational planning
Experience in general:
- Industry experiences demonstrating ability to learn and apply new information
- Recent examples of ability to manage multiple priorities concurrently
- Proven ability to deliver results in a team environment
- Cooperative manner, capable of effective interfacing at all levels within the organization
- Detailed knowledge of chemical plant process equipment and operation of that equipment in continuous processes
- High familiarity with common industry practices such as Management of Change (MOC), Root Cause Investigation (RCI), Risk Identification and Management
- High familiarity with common industry software applications such as Aspen Process Simulation Tools, Aspen Process Explorer, PI Process Book
- Windows operating system and advanced working knowledge of Excel
- Knowledge of Safety, Health, and Environmental Quality issues
- Statistical process improvement skills preferred
This opportunity is located in Pasadena, Texas. Pasadena is part of the Houston metropolitan area, about 30 miles from downtown. Please note that relocation assistance is not available for this position.
What we offer to you:
- Competitive salaries, performance-related pay, and bonuses.
- A comprehensive benefits package with low premiums including health, short term disability, and life and accidental death insurance plans
- Retirement savings with company match + contributions
- Fitness and tuition reimbursement
- Flexible work environment
- Career development and progression
We are INEOS Styrolution because:
It does not matter where you come from, who you are or how you see yourself. We have an inclusive approach that is open and transparent and welcomes talent first and foremost. At INEOS, we believe a diverse business provides the right platform for open and innovative thinking, and that’s where the best ideas come from. We are an equal opportunity employer and champion diversity.
We are excited to hear from you and share more about our organization.
All the best,
The INEOS Styrolution Talent Team
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application