We are looking for a Process & Energy Engineer, who will be based at our site located in Lillo-Antwerp.
Context and dimensions of the job
The process engineer is involved with the generation and development of projects related to the improvement of the process reliability, product quality, efficiency, energy and HSE impact.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Follow-up of the day-to-day production to better understand the difficulties and problems related to the process. Thus making it possible to formulate improvements.
- Monitoring and analysis of polymerization and finishing process data.
- Expands (defines and maintains) the process safety documentation: main focal points are: the operating envelopes, the SIS / SIL functionalities, the flare network, the VOC emission points and the verification of PSV scenarios.
- Provides support to HAZOP, SIL, ATEX and LOPA studies.
- Coordinates and defines in regular discussion with the HSSE manager the process safety requirements for the site as process safety authority.
- Gives support to CAPEX, MoC and near miss reporting program and large scale projects related to the Lillo site (if applicable).
- Takes part in process reliability workshops, acting as support for the Plant Manager.
- Keeping up-to-date with the technological developments (with the catalyst being one of the main points of interest).
- Development and execution of actions related to HSE
- Gives input to cost management (variable and fixed costs).
- Acts as a back-up for the Energy Co-ordinator in matters related to Energy (ISO50001 and EBO) and emissions (EU ETS).
- Acts as a member of the operations support duty team and site Emergency Response team.
Skills and knowledge required
- Master in Engineering Sciences : Chemical Technology
- Good understanding of Business Principles
Knowledge & Technical Skills
- Proficiency with Aspen engineering suite, Excel, PowerPoint en Word
- Knowledge of Dutch, English and French
- Good understanding of chemical engineering and chemical plant operations and project engineering (including process design an process safety)
- Strong drive to work on continuous improvement in a manufacturing environment
- Takes initiatives
- Analytical thinking & problem solving skills
- Creative and innovative
Our offer A challenging job in a stimulating and technically advanced environment, a motivating remuneration package and the opportunity for further development in a company that is in its sector to the world's top.
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application