Interested in joining a winning team? A team whose employees share in the ownership of the business and are empowered to make a difference?
Visit YouTube to watch a short introduction to INEOS Aromatics.
INEOS Aromatics is a global chemical manufacturing company that produces products the polyester industry uses to make many of the things we use in our daily lives, such as clothes, carpets, furniture, automotive parts and food packaging.
We employ 1,300 employees in sites in the United States, United Kingdom, Mainland China, Belgium, Indonesia and Taiwan, with annual sales of $4 billion. Our diverse team of engineers, scientists and business professionals is dedicated to discovering solutions to some of the world’s biggest challenges. For example, learn more about the potentially game-changing plastic recycling technology, Infinia, we are developing in Illinois.
We care about how we deliver these essential products to the world. Our business has been proud to lead the global polyester industry towards a more sustainable future for some time. Above everything, the safety, reliability and excellence of our operations is fundamental to what we do.
We are looking for people who share our passion for excellence, collaboration and innovation. In return for your excellent skills and abilities, we offer a competitive benefits package including health, dental & vision insurance, 401K match (up to 9%), STD/LTD, paid dependent care days, Life Insurance/Accidental Death, and Dismemberment, 9 paid holidays, 2 personal days and paid vacation.
INEOS Aromatics is part of INEOS, formed in 1998 and already one of the world’s most successful companies, with an annual turnover of over $60 billion and 25,000 employees - over 5,000 of them in the US. INEOS is also one of the safest manufacturing companies in the world, nothing is more important to us.
PowerBI Support Analyst
Texas City, TX
The goal of this role is to provide direct support in the maintenance of company's business applications, specifically Microsoft PowerBI.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Accountability Section 1:
- Actively works with business users to gather and document functional requirements
- Participates in the analysis of project proposals; identifies potential problem areas, and recommends optimum approaches for project path, utilizing specific area of technical expertise.
- Participates in the development, implementation, installation, and testing of business reporting applications.
- Executes robust Management of Change processes when deploying new reporting platforms.
Accountability Section 2:
- The individual works with clearly defined objectives and seeks clarification if needed.
- Understands the value of procedures and policies and works within them and seeks help and advice as required to meet timelines.
- Applies general technical principles within well-defined policies.
- The employee is given priorities and may deviate from established procedures if directed. Occasional direct monitoring of the job is typical.
Accountability Section 3:
- Contributes to the development of low to medium complexity business applications, as well as to the development of interfaces and databases.
- Develops and maintains PowerBI models and reports.
- Provides system level support for computer software as needed
Accountability Section 4:
- Is proactive in improving user support, system administration and procedures
- Participates in the development of training materials and assists in conducting training sessions and workshops during the rollout of new or modified applications, or as needed.
Accountability Section 5:
- Works closely with 3rd party support providers and other technology vendors.
- Maintains standards for development and administration
Skills & Knowledge Required:
Bachelor’s degree in MIS, technical or finance-related field or minimum 5 years’ experience with Windows-based application support/development.
- Understands technical aspects of role and performs work with minimal supervision
- Experience in development of Microsoft PowerBI reports and models
- Experience in development and maintenance of SQL or Oracle databases a plus.
- Able to diagnose and solve technical or process issues.
- Able to work well with others, giving and receiving information willingly.
- Awareness of workplace diversity; Ability to work with colleagues.
- Good communication skills (both written and verbal) and the ability to interact across different cultures and time zones.
- Solves well defined problems without or with only partially defined steps to solutions in area of discipline.
- Able to solve complex, but predictable, problems where solutions are known to exist within core discipline.
- Shares information with others; organizes data; gathers information systematically; seeks input from others.
If you are selected for a position in the United States, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and alcohol screening/medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process.
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.On our team, people are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real value for customers.