Company:INEOS Oligomers USA LLC
Organizational Context and Job Purpose
INEOS is a global manufacturer of petrochemicals, speciality chemicals and oil products. Comprising 36 individual businesses, we operate 194 facilities in 29 countries throughout the world.
INEOS products make a significant contribution to saving life, improving health and enhancing standards of living for people around the world. Our businesses produce the raw materials that are essential in the manufacture of a wide variety of goods: from paints to plastics, textiles to technology, medicines to mobile phones - chemicals manufactured by INEOS enhance almost every aspect of modern life.
INEOS Oligomers is a proven leader in the production of specialty chemicals for use in lubricants, construction, packaging, cosmetics and other specialty markets. The company produces a comprehensive range of specialty and intermediate chemicals derived from ethylene and isobutene. Within INEOS, Oligomers has shown a strong track record of organic growth and delivering results year in year out. Focus of the business is to create value.
The Market Manager has first line business management responsibilities for our PIB and Specialty Oligomers products sold in the Americas and imported respectively from Lavera, France and Cologne, Germany via terminals. The main goal is to expand and develop these product lines in the Americas as per the PIB and SO Product Line Strategies.
The Polybutenes/Specialty Oligomers (PIB/SO) Market Manager - Americas reports to the Commercial General Manager Americas and is charged with maximizing cash flow and profitability of the Polybutenes and Specialty Oligomers product lines in the Americas, in co-ordination with the general guidelines of the Global PIB and SO Market Managers.
The PIB/SO Market Manager Americas works closely with a number of interfaces within the Americas organization: the Americas Sales Manager and sales team, the Americas Customer Service and Logistics Manager and team, the Market Development and Technical Service team.
- Delivery of yearly regional PIB/SO financial objectives.
- Identification and delivery of PIB/SO business performance improvements.
- Delivery of key PIB/SO Americas commercial metrics: sales volume, sales margin. Contribution, cash & working capital (inventory, receivables, payables), forecasting accuracy, service infringements, sales allocation.
- Development of regional new product and market outlets for PIB/SO grades.
- Manage PIB/SO supply chain for the Americas.
- Identify regional Supply chain cost reductions.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Lead a taskforce of sales and market development people to grow the product line in the region.
- Manage the Supply/Demand balance in the region to ensure product is available for customers over the year.
- Manage and lead regional monthly planning process including determining import volumes, grade slate, sales targets, and possible allocations.
- Identify, negotiate, and manage feed for third party toll deals for hydrogenation of L2, L14, H300, IDD, IE.
- Regularly visit customers and trade shows to better understand customer market needs and opportunities.
- Issue monthly pricing and volume guidelines for the sales team to achieve regional plans and global business expectations.
- Determine and implement regional sales contract policy.
- Identify and capture arbitrage opportunities (buy from third parties or Lavera/Cologne) in co-operation with the Global PIB and SO Market Managers.
- Identify, negotiate, and purchase co-producer deal/swap opportunities in mutual agreement with the Global PIB and SO Market Managers.
- Interface with regional logistics organisation and identify opportunities to optimize supply chain costs.
- Manage regional storage and working capital of imported products through a series of terminals and storage options used.
- Gather and consolidate competitive intelligence.
- Support the development and execution of the PIB and SO Product Line Strategies.
- Take commercial lead role in regional PIB/SO market / application development activities
Skills & Knowledge Required
- University Degree in Chemistry, Engineering, or Business Economics.
- Ten or more years of chemical industry experience.
- Good understanding and knowledge of the Chemical Industry including several of the following functional areas: Manufacturing, Production Planning, P&L accountability, Logistics, Business Management, Sales & Marketing.
- Commercial management leadership experience including P&L analysis and forecasting; asset & market optimization; strategy development & execution; supply chain analysis.
- Sales & key account management experience and customer interaction.
- Successful Negotiation & Influencing skills.
- Strong analytic skills and attention to detail; can deal with complex data.
- Good project management leadership skills.
- Ability to coordinate and deploy company resources to maximize customer value.
- Sets the strategic direction and ensures this is effectively communicated, understood and endorsed throughout the commercial organization.
- Team leader and motivator capable of aligning the commercial team towards a common purpose.
- Strong Performance bias and business acumen.
- Great sense of interpersonal understanding.
- Self-starter, organized and capable of working under pressure.
- Embraces change and positively challenges the status quo.
- Seeks out and share best practices.
- Maintains personal integrity and ethical behavior.
- Innovative/creative thinker.
- Strong communicator; verbal/non-verbal.
- Strong SHE focus
Must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.On our team, people are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real value for customers.