Are you interested in joining a winning team? A team whose employees are empowered to make a difference? Our culture is one of honesty, integrity and transparency with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.
On our team people are acknowledged for embracing new ideas that help create real value for customers. Let’s get there together.
INEOS has an exciting opportunity for a Plant Manager to join our INEOS Composites business at our Porvoo Plant (Finland) This is a very visible, significant role within the Company and the Manufacturing function. This position will report to our EMEA Manufacturing Leader.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintaining a safe work environment for all employees while complying with all local, state and federal safety and environmental regulations and company guidelines
- Ensure safety, health and environmental management systems are in place, complied with, and improvements in standards are developed so that the business licence to operate is maintained and underpins future asset development.
- Developing and implementing a solid strategic plan for the plant while balancing its immediate needs with the long-term goals of the company
- Fostering an inclusive and positive team environment that provides an open exchange of ideas stressing honesty, integrity and respect and providing open participation to achieve desired results
- Providing high quality services, processes, programs and products to internal and external customers while consistently seeking ways to improve outcomes and enhance service
- Modeling positive leadership through open and effective communication, motivation, example setting and best practices
- Delivering appropriate advice, on-going feedback, support and resources to improve effectiveness of individuals and teams
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
Level of education & Experience in general
- B.S. degree in Chemical Engineering or a related discipline
- Eight to 15 years of experience, depending on plant size, in a manufacturing environment in roles of increasing responsibility and across several disciplines (ie., production, safety, engineering, etc.), preferably in a chemical processing facility.
- Five to ten years of supervisory experience, depending on plant size, leading, influencing, building and developing a diverse and cross-functional team across various levels and skill sets including blue collars, white collars and upper white.
- Experience in effectively developing and managing a high volume annual plan and budget in a cost conscience environment and with financial controls
- Experience in working within and complying to local, regional and governmental safety, environmental, quality and financial standards and laws regulations as required for specific area, country or region
- Project & capital management, lean manufacturing practices, good manufacturing practices (GMP) and SAP experience preferred
- Demonstrated SHE champion and leadership principles
- Fluent Finnish and English
- Chemical Process Expertise - Possess strong chemical and process (technical) knowledge and skills focused on production operations at a plant
- Manufacturing Process Knowledge - Able to analyze manufacturing and business processes toward optimization using continuous process improvement tools (ie., Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing Practices)
- Financial and Statistical Knowledge and Aptitude - Ability to interpret and analyze statistical data, information and financial reports. Understand financial statements, costing methodologies and various methods of cost/benefit analysis
- Business Knowledge and Acumen - Understand the drivers that impact performance and growth of a business
- Regulatory Compliance Knowledge – Understand and able to work within various local and regional regulatory safety, environmental, quality and financial regulations, standards and laws as required for Finland
- Employee and Labor Relations – Skilled in working within a unionized and non-unionized environment. Knowledgeable of collective bargaining agreements and informal and formal grievance procedures, mediation and arbitration
- Computer Skills - Working knowledge of current software systems, i.e. SAP, e-mail, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Team and People Development
- Strategic Focus and Agility
- Bottom-Line Orientation
- Adaptability and Change Oriented
- Planning and Organizing
- Communication and Presentation
- Problem solving
- Managing Diversity and Interpersonal savy
- Conflict resolution
- Organizational Agility