INEOS Composites US LLC
Are you interested in joining a winning team? A team whose employees are empowered to make a difference? Our culture is one of honesty, integrity and transparency with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.
On our team people are acknowledged for embracing new ideas that help create real value for customers. Let’s get there together.
INEOS is a global manufacturer of petrochemicals, specialty chemicals and oil products. It comprises 34 businesses each with a major chemical company heritage. Its network spans 183 sites in 26 countries throughout the world. Leading market positions allow INEOS to be the supplier of choice for many of the largest customers in our markets.
INEOS has an exciting opportunity for a Plant Engineer to join our INEOS Composites business at our Los Angeles, California facility, This is a very visible, significant role within the Company and the facility engineering function. This position will report to the Plant Manager.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Continuous improvement in site employee safety and health, environmental impact, and security.
- Implement plant capital projects including A.F.E., scope and estimate preparation. Also project installation, contractor supervision and startup.
- Work with Corporate Engineering/local consultants and EH&S on large site projects and performs site coordinator duties.
- Implement the plant Contractor Safety Program including safety survey, job auditing and contract administration.
- Coordinate all plant repairs and the plant work order system through the plant maintenance staff or contractors.
- Direct supervision of Maintenance Supervisor, with indirect supervision of 5 maintenance staff.
- Coordinate the plant equipment shutdown and inspection program in keeping with all Company and Government policies and procedures.
- Maintains all plant process safety information including all drawings (e.g. P&ID's), design calculations, vendor information and permits.
- Maintain the plant Preventive Maintenance program including equipment repair schedules, equipment repair history, repair procedures and the implementation of calibration programs and procedures. Also maintain the plant spare part tracking and storage system.
- Monitor the plant utility usage (e.g. natural gas, nitrogen, compressed air, electric, cooling water, steam) and develop programs for cost reduction.
- Work with the Plant Manager on developing the capital and maintenance expense budgets each year and implement within the approved budget.
- Work with the plant Leadership Team to develop projects to improve plant productivity, capacity, product quality and safety.
- Responsible for a Capital Budget of $1.5 MM and a maintenance expense budget of 1 MM
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- Bachelor of Chemical or Mechanical Engineering, minimum 5 years’ experience in a process engineering position or equivelent.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, highly motivated, goal oriented strong team player.
- Requires minimal supervision
The following skill sets are preferred by the business unit:
- Experience in an industrial environment
- Experience in batch processing.
- Experience with plant automation.
- Experience writing procedures and work instructions.
- Experience with safety programs.
- Experience with PC applications (Visual Basic Programming, Access, AutoCAD)
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application