We’re looking for a Planning and Scheduling Lead to join the INEOS Acetyls team.
We need highly motivated individuals who want to be part of our growing business.
INEOS Acetyls is a global chemicals business producing acetic acid and a range of derivatives across Europe, Asia and America. We’re part of INEOS - one of the largest petrochemical companies in the world, employing around 26,000 people across 194 sites in 29 countries.
You will be based at the Hull site, which is the largest producer of acetic acid, acetic anhydride and ethyl acetate in Europe. The products we produce are essential building blocks used in almost every industry, including renewable power, automotive, pharmaceuticals, coatings and textiles.
Hull is also home to the business's global technology development and support team and is based on the 370-acre Saltend Chemicals Park - a cluster of world-class chemicals and renewable energy businesses at the heart of the UK's energy estuary.
Be part of our journey to net zero
Sustainability is at the heart of our business, and we have created a road map to achieving net zero. We’re investing in this sustainable future right now you could be part of our journey.
Responsible for ensuring that the systems and processes used for maintenance planning and scheduling deliver a best-in-class maintenance service to the site Asset Teams.
This role will need to own the planning and scheduling process and monitor compliance between the asset based and central maintenance teams to ensure that maintenance orders are delivered in an efficient manner with minimal delays or CVI’s.
- Ensuring compliance with HSSE standards and expectations set through the INEOS Life Saving Rules and 20 Safety Principles.
- Set example on HSSE responsibilities with all teams with which they interact.
- Promote safety culture through visible leadership in the field, for example Safety Observation Conversations, Audits and Near Miss reporting.
- Deliver against front-end maintenance KPIs and suggest interventions to achieve measurable improvements where required.
- Ensure compliance with the agreed maintenance planning processes / workflow, developing cross discipline team capability to deliver appropriate quality work specifications into the schedule, and ultimately the field.
- Work with Operations, Asset teams, Engineering Integrity and Projects to ensure high quality work identification and specification and assigning the correct priority to the work to be completed.
- Specify safe and appropriate maintenance within the bounds set by the various budget holders and maintenance strategies.
- Support the coaching of notification creators to deliver ‘right first time’ maintenance requests to the maintenance planning team.
- Support the schedule by setting and robustly defending challenge to work priorities to enable the schedule to be efficiently delivered whilst maintaining required plant reliability on a risk-balanced basis
- Monitor, manage and prioritise action on the list of notifications requiring review in their area of responsibility.
- Engage with the TAR and If-Down-Do work processes to ensure the appropriate management of all work requests.
- Monitor work raised by all planner groups requiring TECO, through engagement with the schedule.
- Audit the completion of failure reporting in the Notification during Order Technical Completion (TECO), and build lessons learned fed back into future planning activities.
- Work with the systems engineer to identify repeatable work and common templates/tasklists which could be added to the SAP library and assist with efficient generation of Maintenance Orders. Communicate the addition of these task lists with their teams and ensure duplicates are not requested.
- Support the key cross-team interactions in the areas of CoW, safety, and maintenance systems, to ensure all development work and CI opportunities are aligned in support of the maintenance model.
- Manage and update the sites Maintenance Operating Procedure (MOP) to ensure it remains reflective of current site practice, while driving improvements to move incrementally towards best practice.
- Manage the use of RIME Score and provide guidance to other teams on the selection of RIME score for new equipment and tasks.
- Management of the Gatekeeping Process, ensuring it is used correctly to manage priority works against high volume low priority works. This should ensure maximum schedule compliance and minimal schedule breaking tasks (emergent works).
- Work with the Asset Engineers to manage overdue Work Orders, ensuring the maintenance scheduling tool is able to effectively schedule based on RIME score.
- Ensure compliance with the Ready to Schedule process, meaning works are only scheduled once the preparatory steps of the task planning phase have been completed.
- Support maintenance efficiency improvement studies for both INEOS and the Maintenance term contractor. Ensuring that maximum value is achieved in the maintenance planning, scheduling, and execution processes.
- Responsible for the “Health” of the Maintenance Management System (MMS), reviewing and managing Statutory, Integrity, Preventative, R&M WON’s.
- Support the central maintenance team and term contractor in the balancing of resource levels against scheduled maintenance.
- Provide SAP training for the creation of maintenance Notifications and work orders. Including work order completion and the recording of equipment history.
- Delegate for the Maintenance Manager as required to cover holidays or sickness leave.
- Level 3 Apprenticeship in any of the core Engineering Disciplines
- HNC in relevant field of Engineering
- Experience using SAP to plan Maintenance activities
- Experience working in a Maintenance, Turnaround or Projects planning process
- Experience with equipment typically used in the Petrochemical/ Oil and Gas industries
- Experience with the safety requirements of work working on a COMAH regulated site
- Understanding of the statutory requirements of inspection tasks and inspection recommendations
- Experience of Leading teams in the maintenance field
- Displays a strong safety-first/ speak-up culture
- Able to develop/ implement/ change processes
- Strong attention to detail when planning activities
- Good communicator and collaborative worker
- Implementer and/or Completer/ Finisher traits
- Notification Backlog level
- Ready to Schedule Backlog level
- Level of Maintenance Orders requiring Technical Completion (TECO)
- Ratio of Scoped to Un-Scoped work
- Number of Overdue Work Orders
- Quantity of work variations or CVI’s due to planning cause code
- Schedule attainment across all trades