Interested in joining a winning team? A team whose employees share in the ownership of the business and are empowered to make a difference?
Compensation Grade: H34
From soft drink bottles to packaging trays, from clothing to carpet, INEOS Aromatics makes the chemicals used to produce many of the things we use in our daily lives.
Our main products include paraxylene (PX) and purified terephthalic acid (PTA). PTA is a raw material used in the manufacture of polyesters used to make fibers, textiles, film, and polyethylene terephthalate (PET) bottles. PX is a feedstock for PTA production. We also produce meta xylene, a feedstock for PX production.
We are comprised of a diverse team of engineers, scientists and business professionals dedicated to discovering practices to confront some of the world’s biggest issues. We are looking for people who can contribute to our passion for reinvention, have a collaborative spirit and challenge our thinking in our ambition to achieve net zero.
We care about how we deliver these essential products to the world. Above everything, the safety, reliability, and excellence in our operations is fundamental to our success.
Our sites and offices can be found around the world, in the United States, United Kingdom, China, Belgium, Indonesia and Taiwan.
In return for your excellent skills and abilities, we offer a competitive benefits package including health, dental & vision insurance, 401K match (up to 9%), STD/LTD, paid dependent care days, Life Insurance/Accidental Death and Dismemberment, 9 paid holidays, 2 personal days and paid vacation.
This position leads planning and scheduling of all maintenance work, small outages and projects. This position is also responsible for the delivery of the materials management strategy that supports Texas City.
The position reports to the Maintenance Superintendent and supervises the site Planners, Schedulers, SAP Support Coordinator and Warehouse Technicians. The Team Lead also manages the operation of the site warehouse and the storage of materials at offsite warehouse facilities. The position has plant wide maintenance integration expense budget authority and is responsible for optimizing budget spending and control and managing the annual budgets for the Texas City Chemical’s Warehouse Storehouse Inventory cost centers.
- Understands and assures compliance with all INEOS TCC policies, procedures & processes.
- Manages Warehouse Technicians, Planners, Scheduler and SAP Coordinator.
- Tracks and publishes Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s). Sets and drives KPIs to improve overall department performance related to planning, scheduling and management of facility equipment and material inventory/storage facilities.
- Leads team to provide detailed work plans that comply with all applicable procedures, policies, and codes to ensure the protection of the environment, and the health and safety of employees and the community in which we operate.
- Leads team to plan work in SAP for all crafts and provide high quality work plans with attention to detail that ensures efficient craft work and solutions that solve the root cause of problems.
- Ensures the equipment, material and services procurement processes are followed and comply with plant specifications and procedures for all planned work.
- Ensures equipment and material are staged/ kitted for all planned work.
- Ensures stores accuracy by evaluating requirements, specifications and quantities.
- Attends and participates in daily planning meetings and others as required.
- Knows Management of Change (MOC) processes and Mechanical Integrity (MI) procedures.
- Ensures that direct reports are competent to perform their duties and understand and adhere to safe work practices.
- Reviews/manages the work order backlog.
- Ensures all preventive maintenance work is scheduled and completed within the required intervals.
- Ensures detailed bills-of-materials (BOM’s) and task lists for repeat jobs are developed and maintained.
- Works with scheduler to develop and progress daily and look-ahead schedules.
- Minimizes or eliminates SHE risks through assurance that job plans are thoroughly planned prior to releasing for execution.
- Champions the continuous improvement of the planning and scheduling processes.
- Ensures planning, scheduling and warehouse relevant procedures are current.
- Ensures resource allocation is optimized through effective scheduling priorities (RIME).
- Tracks and communicates resource requirements for efficient work execution and planning.
- Provides day-to-day functional leadership for all TCC maintenance planning, scheduling and warehouse resources.
- Assists with unscheduled priority events that go beyond one day to minimize impact on TCC availability.
- Provides support as identified for TAR and capital planning and scheduling.
- Leads continuous improvement of Planner, Scheduler, Warehouse technicians and SAP Support Coordinator skills by identifying and providing training in the use of SAP and other software enhancements for planning / scheduling / warehousing activities.
- Responsible for managing operations of the site warehouse and the storage of materials at offsite warehouse facilities.
- Actively administers the performance management process and executes the development plans to build the capability of the team.
- Manages the cost center budget for Storehouse Inventory and the Warehouse.
- Submits engineering requests for capital and expense projects related to the warehouse, as needed.
- Participates on project teams for projects related to the warehouse.
- Establishes daily work plan for the team and ensures that daily objectives are clear. The objectives include working in a safe, environmentally sound manner while ensuring quality work is performed in a timely manner.
- Assures that Warehouse Inventory and consignment programs are accurate to support/optimize plant reliability/availability.
- Makes certain that material receipts/material issues are properly completed.
- Coordinates Warehouse activities with routine maintenance, TAR, capital projects and other groups to provide effective and efficient service.
- Resolves Material Management System issues for the Warehouse organization.
- Understands how the work of the Planning, Scheduling and Warehouse Teams affect the environment. Sets performance objectives and provides leadership for your area to minimize impact on the environment. Communicates the importance of these issues to your team. Supports the site Environmental Management System (EMS).
- Manages the 3rd party FRC vendor relationship to ensure quality in service including developing and monitoring metrics.
- Compliance with and promotion of different behavioral and process safety initiatives and measures – supporting 20 INEOS SHE Principles, IGGN’s, SHE KPI’s, risk assessments, etc. These initiatives are reviewed on yearly appraisals.
Education and Experience:
- 5 years – supervisory, planning and scheduling experience
- 7+ years experience working in a Warehouse required.
- 10 years – Petrochemical maintenance / reliability experience
- 2 years – SAP Maintenance Management System experience
- 2 years – Planning and Scheduling Team Lead experience preferred
- Experience with management/union labor work environment preferred
- Has a working understanding and knowledge of ISO 14001 and the resultant responsibilities of the Warehouse
- Has specific skills, knowledge and understanding of inventory control methods and practices.
- Understands general accounting practices and audit procedures
- Degree required: HS diploma or GED – College degree in Business Administration or related field preferred
- Language(s) Needed: Must have excellent communications skills in English
CORE & FOUNDATION COMPETENCIES:
- Partnership & Teamworking
- Technical Disciplines
- Operations Competencies
- Unit Specific Competencies
If you are selected for a position in the United States, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and alcohol screening/medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process.
Safety remains and always will be our number one priority in INEOS. Our US locations now require all new hires to provide one of the following as a condition of employment:
• Proof of Covid-19 vaccination, or
• Willingness to obtain the vaccine before hire date (under this option, proof of vaccination is a condition to any offer of employment and must be provided prior to commencement of employment), or
• Validation of your religious or medical exemption
INEOS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other prohibited ground of discrimination.
Our culture is one of honesty and integrity with an emphasis on safety, health and environmental performance.On our team, people are acknowledged for embracing new practices that help create real value for customers.
Clicking this link will take you to an external site where you can continue with your application